When going into boost my car goes into limp mode..

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
busakiller

When going into boost my car goes into limp mode..

Post by busakiller »

I have a S200b with a p28 ecu... Like the topic saids when going into boost my car goes into limp mode.. It happens under full throttle and soon as it starts to build boost the cel light comes on... The car goes into limp mode and boggs down until I release the gas pedal then it runs fine.. The car has been running fine for 1 1/2 no problem... Can the eprom chip go bad?? Or could it be the ecu itself?? I not sure where to start looking at?? Any help would greatly be appreciated..
Clutch

Post by Clutch »

Sounds like your hitting boost cut. Make sure you have that adjusted.
busakiller

Post by busakiller »

Clutch wrote:Sounds like your hitting boost cut. Make sure you have that adjusted.
The car has been running fine for like a 1 1/2 now... Why would it be doing it now unless something is screwed up.. When I got my car tuned the set the boost cut at 10psi... It cuts out at 1 psi when it goes into limp mode..
Silverbeast

Post by Silverbeast »

Sounds like you dont have boost enabled on your box or the boost cut was axcidentally set at 1 psi instead of 10 on your map. Post the serial number for the box and I'm sure someone from Hondata can let you know if the box has the option enabled.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

IS the light on the interface box solid or flashing?
busakiller

Post by busakiller »

Spunkster wrote:IS the light on the interface box solid or flashing?
The light is solid... I'm thinking something went wrong with the EPROM chip...
busakiller

Post by busakiller »

busakiller wrote:
Spunkster wrote:IS the light on the interface box solid or flashing?
The light is solid... I'm thinking something went wrong with the EPROM chip...
I've heard that hondata boxes have/had problems where they start screwing up when boost comes in as if you dont have the boost option..... btw.. I have the S200b... Does anyone have any input??
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What is your serial number?
busakiller

Post by busakiller »

Spunkster wrote:What is your serial number?
Don't have it right now... Box at home in my car... Did some of the s200b have problems???
busakiller

Post by busakiller »

Spunkster wrote:What is your serial number?
My serial number is s200-2433.. I call Hondata yesterday but really didn't get much help other then take it to my nearest dealer which is 2 hrs away.. I was hoping there was a way to send it somewhere and have it tested but.....
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You have said that you put the car in storage and it was fine and after it sat for a while the car dies when it goes into boost. Since the car was just sitting, it is highly unlikley that your s200 failed or changed it's programming. The reason you were asked to go to a dealer for some testing is that it is suspected that you have a wiring issue or some thing else causing this condition. A Hondata dealer could try swapping in thier interface box and do some datalogging to see if the problem persists and determine what is causing it. This is all part of narrowing down the problem and you were not being given the run around. If everyone that thought there was a problem with thier system sent it in to be tested, we would not be able to do anything else, and we find no problems with most things that are sent in.
busakiller

Post by busakiller »

Spunkster wrote:You have said that you put the car in storage and it was fine and after it sat for a while the car dies when it goes into boost. Since the car was just sitting, it is highly unlikley that your s200 failed or changed it's programming. The reason you were asked to go to a dealer for some testing is that it is suspected that you have a wiring issue or some thing else causing this condition. A Hondata dealer could try swapping in thier interface box and do some datalogging to see if the problem persists and determine what is causing it. This is all part of narrowing down the problem and you were not being given the run around. If everyone that thought there was a problem with thier system sent it in to be tested, we would not be able to do anything else, and we find no problems with most things that are sent in.
I understand... Just trying to find time for a two hr trip to get it looked at.. So after I take it to a dealer and the box is bad then what happens??
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If that is the case it will be dealt with then.
busakiller

Post by busakiller »

Spunkster wrote:If that is the case it will be dealt with then.
Alright.. Thanks