Autotune....how well does it work?

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
whoojong

Autotune....how well does it work?

Post by whoojong »

I'm guessing the autotune feature works by adjusting the maps according to the WB o2, how effective is it? at both creating power and assuring drivability? Really interested in getting the Romulater if it's good~

Whoojong
Hondata
Site Admin

Autotune

Post by Hondata »

Autotune is not available yet.
Hondata
whoojong

Post by whoojong »

hehe, bump, not that it is.

WHoojong
JT

Post by JT »

jbbauer

Re: Autotune

Post by jbbauer »

Hondata wrote:Autotune is not available yet.
when will this feature be available?
DevineCRX

Post by DevineCRX »

its already available
lcopas

Post by lcopas »

HOW CAN IT BE AVAILABLE ... IF THE HONDATA PEOPLE SAY IT'S NOT AVAILABLE ????????????????? :shock:
turbosi92

Post by turbosi92 »

jbbauer wrote:
when will this feature be available?
Read the date of the post. It was 8 months ago. It is available now.
lcopas

Post by lcopas »

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.............. :oops:
It Revs

Post by It Revs »

The original question still hasn't been answered. I'm interested in this as well. I've tried to use this featue with poor results. I keep getting tunes that bog the engine really bad. Are we supposed to just drive around and then save the tune or do a pull and save the tune? If anyone gas a procedure for this let the Hondata community know about it.
Setup:
JRSC @6PSI
s-200
PLX M-200 Wideband
Bitten by the boost bug
boosted hybrid

Post by boosted hybrid »

When I use Auto-tune, its strickly for partial throttle tuning. All WOT/boost runs are really not supposed to be done via autotune but manually.

I drive the car for approx. 5 minutes going through all gears as much as possible, varying the loading on the engine (i.e hills, inclines, etc). Then I push alt A, then "set base as". Keeping repeating this iteration about 10x and you should notice the partial throttle maps converging very closely on your target lambda value. The key thing here is to drive through all the gears, not just one or two of them. Do not do WOT pulls, only partial throttle pulls. Also make sure the loading is varying, speed density systems work off the average gearing in different load situations.
fox30

Post by fox30 »

1. Does auto-tuning involve timing adjustments?

2. And If my boost maps and heavy load maps ( -5 vac and up +) are great, can I just auto tune the low end maps with autotune without messing up my perfect secondary maps? my problem is idle and 3000 - 4000 rpm between -17 and -10 vac. vtec and boost up to 16psi is perrrfect right now.

Otherwise I will have to save my secondary maps in excel. cut and paste them over my secondaries after the autotune.
96 GSR / B18C1 Built / AEBS T-Sleeves /~~/
No stickers / no nice rims / 10.4 seconds
other hobbies: PC gaming, Half-Life, Linux Administration, MotocrossKX250, kissing big tities