Map Sensor Issue, Wont start......

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
eicivic

Map Sensor Issue, Wont start......

Post by eicivic »

Heres my question. What could cause the car to read 26 psi and 2699mbar with the ignition on and the engine not running.

The car wont start and is flooding out and will not run. Got spark, new distributor, and all new components.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

an improperly wired map sensor or a damaged map sensor form improper wiring will cause this.
eicivic

Post by eicivic »

Could there possibly be a issue with the ecu or the hondata? I just installed a new one and having the same issue. But then again maybe i got a bad "new one".
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You will have to swap the ecu into ta different car...use the process of elimination to find the problem.
eicivic

Post by eicivic »

Well this is what i had done. I went to our shop and checked everything out on a stock running civic. 5th gen... Same wiring etc.

The voltage i got at the ecu for the signal wire was 3.5v

The voltage i got at the connector for the signal wire was 3.7v

The 5v reference was 5.05v in both situations.

I can use the ground off the connector as a good ground.

The battery on the vehicle i used to test had only 10.9v of charge and i was wondering how or if this could be a issue if the 5v ref. wire shows 5.05v?

One other question i had: The factory Honda service manual says that if i check the ground and the signal wires at the ECU it should show aprox. 3v. But it also says i should get 5 volt at the other end using the same wires.... Im lost there.

As for hondatas instructions i should obviously get 5v for the 5v ref. wire and i should get 2.85v through the signal wire. So what does it mean if i get 3.75v?

Thanks for all your help Spunkster!
eicivic

UPDATE:::

Post by eicivic »

I took off the engine harness looked for a pinched wire(s) and got a new harness for the map sensor. Now it shows 945mb 2.4hg and 1.52 volts with key on "not running". Is this where it should be now? Seem a little bit more reasonable. Car still wont start. It sounded like it wanted to but didnt. I did put new plugs in again..But still no go. I have gapless rings and i think their holding the fuel in the cylinders. I can see fuel in there on top of the wiseco pistons. Should i just blow the cylinders out with a blow tip off my air compressor or whats your input?

Thanks!
Clutch

Post by Clutch »

If you did a rebuild, make sure you set your valve lash. To tight of a valve lash will cause the valves to not fully close.