K20A2: TODA, HONDATA and Civic Type R

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
typer558

K20A2: TODA, HONDATA and Civic Type R

Post by typer558 »

Hello,

I'm Luca from Roma, Italy. I'm a new member of this forum but I'm a very "fan" of hondata products.
I have a Honda Civic Type R (EP3 with K20A2, the same engine of RSX Type S).

In Italy we have the benzine with 95/99 octane.

On my car, I have:

Mugen Airbox and TwinLoop + Central Pipe (54/60mm);
Spoon Throttle Body Assembly (70mm);
Jackson Racing Header with oem honda kat (modified).

Now, I have bought the TODA cams (spec.A) and valves springs.
For this, I need a ecu fot these cams. I have seen that Hondata with TODA has realized a special reprogramming of the factory ECU (for RSX).

This special ECU reprogram maximize performance of the camshafts. The ECU program uses special fuel and ignition timing maps, 9000rpm redline, modified VTEC Activation, and modified VVT camshaft timing.

Now, my question for Mr. HONDATA is:

If I haven’t problem to disabled the immobiliser of my car and knowing what EP3 has power steering electric and not controlled by oil pressure with steering pump (how instead that of the Rsx TypeS is), can you reprogram a CTR ECU with the “Toda programs for RSX”??????

Thanks for a answer
Hondata
Site Admin

Euro CTR program

Post by Hondata »

We need to do more testing be believe that it is possible to re-program your ECU with the Toda program. We'll post the information on the website when we have completed testing, but did not expect Toda to start selling their camshafts before April.
Hondata
typer558

Post by typer558 »

I have bought the TODA cams (spec.A) and valves springs, but Toda will send to me (in italy) the cams/springs on 26 march 2003.
For the moment I have only paid :cry: :cry:

After that I install it on my car, if you need a "tester" or a "car tester", I can help Hondata in the development of European ECU with toda program.

For me this would be uno big honour (in my city, there is a dyno and a friend with the "honda dealers" and can I have the PGM Tester for only information of my car/ecu).

If you need help, I'm here

Thanks and I wait news.
typer558

Post by typer558 »

Here same photos of my car: