Major Hondata Problem....Not sure what I did

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
turbosi92

Major Hondata Problem....Not sure what I did

Post by turbosi92 »

OK, here is what is happening. Tonight, I decided to play with my wideband O2 sensor and Hondata setup. Some of you might have seen my earlier post on my install. Everything was working perfect. When I hooked the wideband up and started the car, everything was fine althought I had a CEL (which I didn't check to see what it was but I am pretty sure it was because I didn't have a diode on the O2 heater wire).
Now, here is where the problem started. I was playing with the Rom Editor and I accidently selected the "Download Whole Rom" from the emulator menu. Ever since I did this, I can't connect to the interace box at all. The interface box also blinks slowly. Is it suppose to blink? I have tried everything I can think of multiple times. It just will not connect to the interface box now. Now, I thought the Romulator might have come disconnected but that wasn't it (when I did this, now the car won't run right).
I am just lost at this point. Everything was perfect before now nothing will work. Anyone have any ideas? I am just extremely frustrated at this point because I knew something was wrong as soon as I selected that. I was just looking at all the stuff in the menus and accidently selected the download ROM one.

I have an S200 system and IBM T22 Thinkpad running XP pro. :(
QUICKSILVER RACING

Post by QUICKSILVER RACING »

THere wa probabl a download failure since the ECU cant read your emulator.

Check the manual, I think they discussed it in the troubleshooting section.
HONDATA official and sole Distributor in the Philippines.
http://quicksilver.4t.com
+639178954747
turbosi92

Post by turbosi92 »

QUICKSILVER RACING wrote:THere wa probabl a download failure since the ECU cant read your emulator.

Check the manual, I think they discussed it in the troubleshooting section.
The manual says it is something to do with the rom. So, I burned a chip and inserted it (The correct way) and same thing. I verified the information was on the chip and it was. I have called HOndata multiple times and they told me it is the ECU. Luckily, I have an extra laying around so I will socket it and try it. If this doesn't work, I am sending the stuff back to Hondata for a diagnoses. Any other ideas? :( :( :(
QUICKSILVER RACING

It's not necessarily the ECU. Somestimes it's cause by a bad latch IC(373) or a bad solder. DOne Hondata lotsa times and this is the most common for me. Happened to me twice
+639178954747
turbosi92

Post by turbosi92 »

QUICKSILVER RACING wrote:It's not necessarily the ECU. Somestimes it's cause by a bad latch IC(373) or a bad solder. DOne Hondata lotsa times and this is the most common for me. Happened to me twice
OK but everything was just fine until I did the "download whole ROM". I don't think it is a solder job. This ECU was socketed by hondata a few years ago and has been working fine until I did the above.

What is a bad latch IC (373)? No idea what you are talking about.
QUICKSILVER RACING

Forget what I said. I forgot that your car was running fine. Try burning a stock chip and see if it throws a CEL.

The 373 are the 20 pin ICs that we install with the scokets.
+639178954747
turbosi92

Post by turbosi92 »

QUICKSILVER RACING wrote:Forget what I said. I forgot that your car was running fine. Try burning a stock chip and see if it throws a CEL.

The 373 are the 20 pin ICs that we install with the scokets.
I have tried burning a chip but nothing happens. The interface box won't connect to the ECU at all. I am trying another ECU this weekend. If that don't work, I am sending the stuff back to Hondata for them to look at.