Hesitation on the highway

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
TorinF

Post by TorinF »

thats funny....
i discovered that over a year ago. the p72 typically is the one that hesitates the most. same maps on a p28 never hesitate if tuning was correct.

In almost all cases, adding fuel to column 5 solves the hesitation (as much as 15% over the hondata target lambda--you will be at about 13:1 A:F)
turbosi92

Post by turbosi92 »

TorinF wrote:thats funny....
i discovered that over a year ago. the p72 typically is the one that hesitates the most. same maps on a p28 never hesitate if tuning was correct.

In almost all cases, adding fuel to column 5 solves the hesitation (as much as 15% over the hondata target lambda--you will be at about 13:1 A:F)
Torin,
Doing what you say for column 5, doesn't that make the columns cross each other in the 2d map? I always thought this was something you don't want to do.
QUICKSILVER RACING

Post by QUICKSILVER RACING »

Funny mine doesn't do anything like that.

Unfinished street tuned and dynoed. Unfinished because it's tuning is a bit rich(13.5AFR). Need to adjust some more to increase mileage.

On thing I noticed the column maps are diferrent for a P72 compared to other OBD1 ECU.
HONDATA official and sole Distributor in the Philippines.
http://quicksilver.4t.com
+639178954747
RedTeg95

Post by RedTeg95 »

Follow up...

Well not to long after I found my P72 ECU was causing me trouble, I got a new P28 from Hondata. Since that point I have had no more hesitation problems. I've been running on the new ECU for over a month now and driving on the highway is no longer a pain. Another thing I noticed is that I'm getting better fuel mileage as well and I'm using the same map from my P72 (this is probable because it does not shoot from lean to rich every ten seconds on the highway anymore). Anyway, my thanks goes out to everyone here who has tried to help. I hope my pain here has helped others. Good luck! :D

Mike