No light on S200!! also a NOOB

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
ilovemy_honda

No light on S200!! also a NOOB

Post by ilovemy_honda »

Hello people well I?ve been reading some topics here and can?t seem to find a answer for my problem.

Ok so where do I start!!
Umm? ok to the point my S200 light inside the box doesn?t turn on anymore and the car wont start, I disconnected the cable from the S200 and tried turning the car on and still nothing but it does turn on with my OBD2 ecu oh yeah I have the S200 with a P28. Now here?s something u should know, I had been driving the car with one of the wires on the jumper harness ripped, I guess it got ripped out after I got it tunned, cuz after a couple or runs one the street it was good and then turned it off for a bit and tried it and vtec wasn?t the same, so after a week i took it back to shawn at churches automotive and he saw on hes laptop that the injector are? hmm I don?t remember what he said exactly but what I remember is that he said that they where making the car run way to rich and that?s why vtec wouldn?t have the same felling, so then after like a month I saw that wire that was out and then I bought a new jumper harness from skunk2 and the box wouldn?t turn on. its been a pretty sad month in a half for me so what could it since now I have a brand new jumper and when I plug it in there is no check engine light on or anything not normal oh wait the only thing that does flash around 7 or 6 times is the yellow SRS light??. Can u guys help? Should I just send or take my box to hondata? Or could it be since I drove the car with that wire out it caused a short circuit or something? What can I do I?ve only had the S200 for like a yeah and used it for like 2 months this sucks

The serial number on the S200 is:
S200-5663

I would also like to know what options/features I have in the box, any help, comments, tips, would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks *Noah*

Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Please post a picture of the new harness.

It has datalogging and 3-step.
ilovemy_honda

Post by ilovemy_honda »

Spunkster wrote:Please post a picture of the new harness.

It has datalogging and 3-step.
cool thanks..

Umm? actually after u asked for the pic I checked my new one and it?s the wrong one, since I got used to plugging the other one in one way I did the same thing with this one and the way I put them was wrong cuz it dint have the wires on that side, hope I?m making sense but anyways I took it back and there going to check it and give me the right one on Wednesday but the guy told me that was the correct one, but it wont fit cuz one of the slots is smaller than the cable thingy that needs to go in there.

Does Hondata sale the conversion harness for OBD2 to OBD1? I have a 2000 GS-R with a P28.

Thanks.

This is exactly the one he had given me? and see how the one on the left is pretty small and the one I had with the pic up there doesn't have that one on the left.

and i think this is the one i need. NOT SURE... the one in the middle look pretty kinda small but it might be it

Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You have the wrong harness. You can purchase everything you need through any Hondata dealer.
ilovemy_honda

Post by ilovemy_honda »

Spunkster wrote:You have the wrong harness. You can purchase everything you need through any Hondata dealer.
Yeah I saw that, thanks bro I?m going to wait and see if he?s going to give me the right one this time cuz he said he could only exchange it for the same skunk2 brand. But thanks again hopefully this works.
ilovemy_honda

Post by ilovemy_honda »

i got the right harness this time and the light for the s200 is on solid but the check engine light came on and the speedometter doesnt work now and v-tec is still weak it doesn't even pull harder after 6k i dont know what to do anymore... should i take it back to the tunner? or send the box back to hondata
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The problems you are describing are not related to the Hondata itself. You have a wiring problem or a blown fuse. I would suggest taking it to your nearest tuner to have them help you take a look at it. It will have to be tuned on the dyno.
ilovemy_honda

Post by ilovemy_honda »

Spunkster wrote:The problems you are describing are not related to the Hondata itself. You have a wiring problem or a blown fuse. I would suggest taking it to your nearest tuner to have them help you take a look at it. It will have to be tuned on the dyno.
So I guess the ecu got messed up for driving it like that with the wire out? That probably explains why the car feels the same all the way from 1k to 8500. Do u think this could be it? That way when I go back to get it tuned I?ll have a extra ecu just incase?
ilovemy_honda

Post by ilovemy_honda »

you think i might of fuc*^d up the hondata chip by using it like that? with the wire out?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you taken it to a Hondata dealer to have them look at everything?
ilovemy_honda

Post by ilovemy_honda »

No I havent dint know I could that?s why I was asking if I should take it back to the tuner
ilovemy_honda

Post by ilovemy_honda »

Actually I just called hondata and spoke with matt and he told me to take it back to the tuner so I guess I?m going to do that
ilovemy_honda

Post by ilovemy_honda »

Well I still have the same problem with the car, is there anyway I could go down to hondata and have the S200 and ecu checked?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

We are not open to the public. You need to take it to your tuner.