Which wideband O2 kit works best with my Hondata 4b?

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
Islander

Post by Islander »

jag wrote:The sensor itself is 5 wires with a 7 pin connector (the extra two are for a calibration resistor). But the sensor plugs into the DIY-WB box which has 2 wires as an output (ground and signal).
I don't remember what value resistor I used for the connector. It says what to use in the Hondata manual.

-Jeremy
I can't remember seeing anything in the Hondata Manual. Give me the page.
jag

Post by jag »

I guess it wasn't in the manual. It's in the tech section on the website

http://www.hondata.com/techwidebandtuning.html

they suggest a 1k ohm resistor.

-Jeremy
turbosi92

Post by turbosi92 »

[quote="jag"
When I want to tune my car I remove the front sensor (the one before the Cat) and replace it with the wideband sensor. I connect the interface box to the battery and plug the sensor into the box and plug the box into where the stock sensor was plugged in. Then I start up romeditor and it starts hilighting the fuel map with the lambda values. I did have to change the table for the transfer function from voltage -> lambda in the preferences but that was about it. It works beautifully.
-Jeremy[/quote]

When you say change the table, are you referring to what is described here: [url]http://www.hondata.com/techwidebandtuning.html[url]
If so, did you follow the directions exactly or have to make changes?
I guess I am looking for the values you entered. Did the techedge kit come with instructions on the values? What do you use your Hondata on anyway? Engine, turbo, etc? I am ready to purchase one but I want to make sure I get a wideband I can use with the hondata.
Thanks again.
jag

Post by jag »

the table I was referring to is the one in the preferences for romeditor. I used a custom table for the wb o2 sensor because the voltages are different from those for the inclued tables.

The voltages are available on the diy-wb website.

My car is an integra gsr with a jackson racing supercharger at 8psi.

-Jeremy
hybridsol

Post by hybridsol »

I've got the TechEdge kit too. Freakin Hondata should get with the program an include these in every 4b kit... a widband o2 meter AND a fully programmable ROM from a stock computer is so cool...... I mean after all, TechEdge is from their corner of the globe, right?

Anyway, this thing is awesome. The best part is, it was already used on a Honda car [Civic VX or something], so no crazy metric adapters. BUT you can't run closed loop with it, the voltage is 0-4VDC, stock is 0-1VDC. And you'll need an old o2 plug to do it right.

Sean
2002 AP1
servion

Post by servion »

I se the voltage ->< lambda mapping on the techedge main page... but what values do you use? The hondata screen to enter th wWB voltage mappings doe not use nearly as many as the techedge page provides.... do you jut do 1, skip 2, do 1, etc? What table did you use?
jag

voltage->lambda table

Post by jag »

Yes, You just skip a few of the values. You want most of the data points to be in the relevant area (like 10.5 -> 14.7).

-Jeremy
AllMotorMonster

Re: Which wideband O2 kit works best with my Hondata 4b?

Post by AllMotorMonster »

jag wrote:I have the techedge kit. I love it. You can even get it assembled now with a case and everything. You can't beat the price and it seems to work great. It agrees with the dyno dynamics wb on the dyno that I go to.
It was easy to interface, I just took the connector off of an old O2 sensor for my car and connected it to the wideband. It's plug and play although you do have to set up the voltage->lambda mapping in the prefs.

-Jeremy
Jeremy,

Ok I got a question for you, mainly because you have it, and I'm thinking of buying it.

So, you take out the front 02 sensor, install the wide band. Hook the 7pin plug up to the TE box, then send the 2wire plug back to the factory O2 sensor with the 1k ohm resistor?

Is this correct? So the Hondata unit reads from the factory wiring? or do I run a RS232 serial cable to my laptop and log from there?

TIA!
Yes, I'm a nOOb when it comes to HONDATA!
jag

Post by jag »

That's right. That's exactly how I hook it up although you also have to hook the techedge box up to power and ground.

-Jeremy
kannon

Post by kannon »

Jag,

I live near Hartford, CT and have a 99 Si with a B16, JRSC, and Stage 4 badly in need of tuning. I was wondering if you might have a free afternoon to lend a hand in tuning. Perhaps I can entice you with free lunch or the satisfaction of helping out someone in the scene. I'll probably be placing my order for my TechEdge soon.. but snow is coming and I'd like to straighten things out some before the snow/salt hits.

Thanks,
Jason
turbosi92

Post by turbosi92 »

Jag or anybody who might know,
I finally go my techedge WB kit and I understand how it works but I am uncertain on how to hook the dead O2 sensor plug to the techedge box serial connector. I am talking about the output of the box that goes to the factory wire harness to send data to the Hondata system. Any help or pictures would be great. :?:

Thanks.