A better 'VTEC'

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
manolis

A better 'VTEC'

Post by manolis »

Hello,
In http://www.pattakon.com has been added new, interesting material: a better ?VTEC?.
Please take a look.

Thank you
Manolis Pattakos.
philipwight

better vtec

Post by philipwight »

The whole reason most manufacterers went to OHC is to get rid of push rods, that is what this uses. I think it is a good idea but i dont think it will withstand alot of abuse.
manolis

Re: better vtec

Post by manolis »

philipwight wrote:The whole reason most manufacterers went to OHC is to get rid of push rods, that is what this uses. I think it is a good idea but i dont think it will withstand alot of abuse.
Comparing a 25 mm push rod to the conventional push rods and supposing they carry the same problems, is wrong.

Even so, you can see the roller version of the VVA system (no push rods at all, just roller bearing offering infinite steps of operation compared to the only two steps of S2000 and Civic TypeR, being at the same time simpler with fewer parts), at
www.pattakon.com/vvar/HelpRoll.htm
as well as the photos from the second prototype, currently under construction, at
www.pattakon.com/vvar/VTECtoVVA/index.html

Thank you.
Manolis Pattakos
CivicVTi

Post by CivicVTi »

Manoli kalispera kai sigxaritiria gia ti douleia sou,

I have studied quite a lot your mechanism and found it very interesting. Have also read the article on a leading greek magazine. My thoughts are that is very difficult to find support for this mechanism by large firms. SOme work has still to be done on making sure that the mechanism is durable. Keep up the good work.
n/a_h22a

Post by n/a_h22a »

i think there is a better vtec it the type s i think