low cam / high cam crossover question.

Calibrations for S-Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)
originaldroidster

low cam / high cam crossover question.

Post by originaldroidster »

I have searched some but have not found exactly what I was looking for.

My question is in regards to the the switching of vtec fuel and ignition maps. If vtec does not physically engage on the motor does the s300 calibration still switch over to the high fuel/ignition tables at the rpm in which vtec is supposed to engage? I'm not currently having any issues, but I was just thinking of a scenario earlier, what if you were under boost and and for some reason vtec did not engage on motor and your low fuel tables in the higher rpms did not have enough fuel and it leaned out.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: low cam / high cam crossover question.

Post by Spunkster »

IT should be able to send a problem with the ECU if it is not operating VTEC normally, but this all depends on the settings and the cause of VTEC not mechanically operating.

In the many years of dealing with this software and tuning I have never seen a problem related to this.
originaldroidster

Thanks for the reply , it was just something I was randomly thinking of one night, not an issue i'm actually having.

I was just curious if the map crosses over once the provided vtec rpm is reached or if it there was more to it then just that. I know there are settings to enable/disable vtec oil pressure switch so that lead me to wonder if the s300 just sends voltage to vtec solenoid and assume it engages and goes over to those maps. I may be thinking into to much or incorrectly.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

This isn't something you need to worry about. When your vtec parameters are met it engages the solenoid. On cars that have the circuitry and a vtec oil pressure switch it checks to make sure there is sufficient pressure for this to operate. Only US ECUs have this circuitry.
originaldroidster

Spunkster wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:43 am This isn't something you need to worry about. When your vtec parameters are met it engages the solenoid. On cars that have the circuitry and a vtec oil pressure switch it checks to make sure there is sufficient pressure for this to operate. Only US ECUs have this circuitry.
Thanks for the reply i was just curious thinking of scenarios.