B16a2 stalls when rpms are dropping

Calibrations for S-Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)
Expert Tuned

B16a2 stalls when rpms are dropping

Post by Expert Tuned »

I recently purchased a 2000 civic si and it is stalling while coming to a stop rpms drop to around 500-600 and jump back up to around 900
oil light starts flickering on low idle when it drops around the 600 mark came with this setup on a s300 looking to see if anyone can tell me how the tune looks for this setup and what I could possibly do to get the idle up

MODS: (I can see)

BC Cams BC0012
Edlebrock Performer X Manifold
Edlenrock Throttle Body
Precision 310cc Injectors
Dc sports 4-1 Header
Exhaust 2 1/2 Straight pipe
Golden eagle fuel rail
Adj cam gears set at 0*
Unsure of engine internals
2000 Civic Si Tune Came With Car.skl
(50.03 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: B16a2 stalls when rpms are dropping

Post by Spunkster »

With it fully warm and the idle controller unplugged, what does it idle at?
Expert Tuned

Post by Expert Tuned »

I haven't tried that I will give it a shot tomorrow. I actually changed plugs and oil put e85 in it today and retuned it from scratch and got it to idle but it does jump around between 950-1000 also tried recalibrating the TPS and its reading: min 2.9% max 60% so I was going to change out the sensor.
creizlein

Post by creizlein »

Check what Spunkster recommended, idle speed with car fully warm and unplug the IACV, the car should idle at around 700rpm or even less, but not stall, i believe that is the sweet spot when the IACV is unplugged, pretty much the car has to almost stall but not, then plug IACV back and if it works correctly it will handle the rest, check that its at about 50% (normal) or even less duty cycle.