Hondata

Hondata User Forum
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:37 pm 

I am running across an unusual problem here. I started off with the base map(which was not perfect) tuned it with wide band to a point where it works really good with the romulator. Now when i upload this map to a chip it runs like crap but when i run it off the laptop via romulator it runs great.
I am making sure that i am tuning in open loop and when i burn the chip it is still in open loop. Does anybody know of a potential fix for this issue?
Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:49 am 
Site Admin

When you burn the chip, is the light on the interface box flashing or solid?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:35 pm 

Thanks for the response! The LED on the interface box is solid. Everything is normal.... solid LED no check engine light. I have tried two different interface boxes, I have tried the file on two different chips. I would like to say that when I say "it runs like crap" I do not mean that it is running so poor that it seems like it's in limp mode, rather the A/F ratio seems to move approx 1 to 1.5 points richer through the whole map when running on the chip. Yet when running on the Laptop/Romulator the A/F is great. I have tried moving fuel out broadly through the map then burning the chip and I have no luck as the map just seems to go all the heck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:58 pm 
Site Admin

The file you burn will be the same as the file you upload to the Romulator. What version of software are you using?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:05 pm 

I am using the latest version 1.0.9.0 Romeditor 4. I understand that the file on the Romulator and the file on the chip should be identical, problem is the car is not running the same between the two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:16 am 

Your programmer may not be working properly.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]