FlashPro Rev Limiter

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

rjrawlings

FlashPro Rev Limiter

Post by rjrawlings »

So im going to be doing a K24 Rotrex soon and id like to know if you can get the revlimiter to hold and not bounce. I've been reading about and the bouncing of the rev limiter can cause the Rotrex to fail. I know this can be done with KPro but wasn't too sure if it could be done with FlashPro.

The car ill be running this in is a Honda Accord CL9 K24A3 Euro

Thanks Ryan
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: FlashPro Rev Limiter

Post by Hondata »

Retard the ignition as far as you can just before the rev limiter.
Hondata
rjrawlings

Post by rjrawlings »

Hondata wrote:Retard the ignition as far as you can just before the rev limiter.
This would'nt cause any damage no?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The best thing of all is to not hit the rev limiter. Failing that, fully retarding the ignition just at the limiter softens the action a lot.
Hondata
rjrawlings

Post by rjrawlings »

Hondata wrote:The best thing of all is to not hit the rev limiter. Failing that, fully retarding the ignition just at the limiter softens the action a lot.
Oh i very rarely hit the limiter, only in like 1st and 2nd. But i just want to be able to hold the revs instead of it bouncing, so it does'nt shock the Rotrex. But ill tell my tuner to do what you said.
ajpturbopittsburgh

Post by ajpturbopittsburgh »

Hondata wrote:Retard the ignition as far as you can just before the rev limiter.

Can you offer a little more detail? What is "as far as you can"?..i.e.10, 5,0 or -10 degrees? What are the lowest theoretical values fpro will accept or what can the ECU recognize?

My rpm column for spark goes 8000,8500,9000. My redline is set at 8400. Would you then retard the timing at 8000 to soften my rev limiter bouncing in addition to setting the limiter and recover rpm the same? Fpro manager in help says to set the recover rpm 100-300rpm lower than the limiter
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

'As far as you can' is the largest negative number the ignition table will accept. If you enter -100 then you'll find out what it is; typically -10.

If your rev limiter is 8400 rpm then I would change the column indexes to 8000,8200,8400. Keep the ignition timing normal apart from the last column, 8400 rpm, which has -10 degrees ignition timing.

This makes the rev limiter much softer.
Hondata