2015 civic si

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

Tommyred1517

Re: 2015 civic si

Post by Tommyred1517 »

Today in alittle while I’ll be getting some data logs in. It does feel weird punching it in 3rd that low then all of sudden the engine just starts roaring when it gets to vtech haha is there anyway to shoot flames out my exhaust and be safe too ?
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah, when you mentioned it felt different I though of how you made your first hit higher up int eh rpms. Lugging to down creates a different feel when it's creating all the moment in one gear. Hence why it feels so fast when you make a 1-4 rip.

There is no way to safely shoot flames really. You could play with a bunch of settings to upset the car and make it do it, but nothing to really make it do it and be optimal, plus Flashpro doesn't give you access to make it do whatever you want like a stand alone ECY would. With the stock cat in there, it would arrest just about any and all flames anyways. Once you put on a DP on it you might get the occasional pop or what not, but nothing exciting like you see on the internet. You have to produce some good amounts of chaos in the cylinders to get it to do it on an NA K series.
Tommyred1517

Post by Tommyred1517 »

I think datalog 11 or 12 might be alittle crazy I messed up a couple times downshifting liked instead of second I went to 4th I had this dude cut me off like fuck im doing it back then he tried hitting my car and throwing shit at it and I lost it and chased him alittle bit haha but yeah I been having a lot of fun driving around on this tune.
datalog0011.fpdl
(4.84 MiB) Downloaded 146 times
datalog0012.fpdl
(2.63 MiB) Downloaded 124 times
datalog0013.fpdl
(3.45 MiB) Downloaded 137 times
Tommyred1517

Post by Tommyred1517 »

I get so many crackles and pops and I love that sound I let off then barely touch the gas and it pops like 5 times haha
Some flames would defiantly be cool maybe that’s something I gotta work towards on doing but still safe for my car
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Here is the next one. I made some adjustments for the knock it showed in the datalogs. Try to get a clean third gear pull in, and a couple fourth gear pulls to watch for knock.
TommyRed.SD.Rev04.fpcal
(23.44 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
MorsusMihi

Post by MorsusMihi »

i tried messing around with my tune as well that we worked on just for some fun and learning, i would rather try this stuff on my own car before i start trying to help others so i have a much firmer grasp on whats happening,

I did how ever make a decent crackle tune just to see if i can do it, my Stock 2012 SI back fires like a bitch but only when touching the gas slightly,
This is even with the stock cat on the car, However that being said, to much of this will eventually build up a lot of carbon in the cat and clog it rendering it useless,

Aside from that, the crackle tunes play havoc on the cylinders and can cause permanent damage to the rings and other things,

Off topic, i have a turbo 1994 mazda mx6 with a stand alone mega squirt ECU and i had it dyno tuned this time as i learned the hard way that the 2 step and crackle i had put on it caused severe damage and in the long run i blew the motor on that twice, Just finished the rebuild few weeks ago for the 3rd time and had it dyno tuned by a pro to make sure i dont blow up a 4th time lol

Its fun from time to time but i would suggest that you do it in moderation because it can cost you some money in the future
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

MorsusMihi wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:27 am i tried messing around with my tune as well that we worked on just for some fun and learning, i would rather try this stuff on my own car before i start trying to help others so i have a much firmer grasp on whats happening,

I did how ever make a decent crackle tune just to see if i can do it, my Stock 2012 SI back fires like a bitch but only when touching the gas slightly,
This is even with the stock cat on the car, However that being said, to much of this will eventually build up a lot of carbon in the cat and clog it rendering it useless,

Aside from that, the crackle tunes play havoc on the cylinders and can cause permanent damage to the rings and other things,

Off topic, i have a turbo 1994 mazda mx6 with a stand alone mega squirt ECU and i had it dyno tuned this time as i learned the hard way that the 2 step and crackle i had put on it caused severe damage and in the long run i blew the motor on that twice, Just finished the rebuild few weeks ago for the 3rd time and had it dyno tuned by a pro to make sure i dont blow up a 4th time lol

Its fun from time to time but i would suggest that you do it in moderation because it can cost you some money in the future
Sounds good. You have a good base to start with so just keep learning and have fun with it.

Tommy’s tune doesn’t have the crackle tune settings on his, I wouldn’t do them on a stock cat. He’s just referring to the normal little pops between on and off throttle engagement.
MorsusMihi

Post by MorsusMihi »

ahhhhh i see,
Janz3n

Post by Janz3n »

wow, this guy is giving away free tunes?
Tommyred1517

Post by Tommyred1517 »

Sorry for not uploading yet I haven’t drove the car too much lately but later today I’ll have another one to upload
Tommyred1517

Post by Tommyred1517 »

datalog0015.fpdl
(2.42 MiB) Downloaded 159 times
datalog0016.fpdl
(2.97 MiB) Downloaded 166 times
im giving you two because im alittle disorganized lately with some things going on and I did get a pull from 2 grand to the limiter in the fourth I believe that would be on datalog 16 but just be sure ill send 15 too
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

All the knock was in one area, so I pulled some ignition out there. I also made a couple very small fueling adjustments.
Attachments
TommyRed.SD.Rev05.fpcal
(23.43 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
Tommyred1517

Post by Tommyred1517 »

Okay thank you I have off all day tomorrow so first thing in the morning I’ll put it on and see what I get from it
Tommyred1517

Post by Tommyred1517 »

My car is going to the track today so I’ll give you some updates on my times figured you might be curious on them like I am. My goal is just hit as close to 100 mph or over at the end of the track
Tommyred1517

Post by Tommyred1517 »

I beat a gto g8 just by a bumper today so it did pretty good I was running 9.60s or 9.70s