I think I have too much Knock/Civic 10th GEN Non SI CVT

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

Ali_Hamrang

I think I have too much Knock/Civic 10th GEN Non SI CVT

Post by Ali_Hamrang »

Hi I have a 2019 Honda Civic touring Sedan with a CVT transmission
I have been Running Hondata +6psi for about 9 months.
I recently did a 40-minute data log and I found that I have about 20 Engine knock. I was running 94 octanes from Chevron in British Columbia Canada which is expensive here because they are the only provider for 94 octanes here. I usually run 91 octanes.
Usually, with 91 octanes in a 30-minute data log, I get about 40 to 50 Engine knocks Unfortunately I don’t have the old Data logs anymore.
I will try to do a 91 octane run and send you the data log soon

I have my tune and the data log down here

If you can please take a look at it and see if everything is good or I need to adjust it

Thanks
Ali Hamrang
Attachments
datalog0002.fpdl
This is the data log with 94 octane
(5.21 MiB) Downloaded 199 times
6full.fpcal
this is the +6psi that I have beem running
(16.56 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: I think I have too much Knock/Civic 10th GEN Non SI CVT

Post by Hondata »

A knock count of 20 in 40 minutes is nothing to worry about. 20 knocks in 2 minutes is nothing to worry about.

With the 10th gen look at the knock control. Lower is better, and the lowest it will go is 55%. In your datalog it increases to 70% and then fairly quickly goes back down.

If you try another gas band then compare the knock control behavior to see what is better.
Hondata
Ali_Hamrang

Post by Ali_Hamrang »

Thanks for the reply
Can I know what brand of gas do you recommend!!
I live in canada I have this brands available to me
Chevron—Mobil—Husky—Petro Canada—Esso—Shell
Also when should I be worried about the knock control %.
How bad is too bad!!!
Ali_Hamrang

Post by Ali_Hamrang »

Recently I did a datalog and this was the result
and it doesn't look good
let me know what I need to do ?????
Attachments
6full.fpcal
This is my tune
(16.56 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
datalog0004n.fpdl
94 gas
(6.13 MiB) Downloaded 200 times
arnoldod

Post by arnoldod »

It's not a matter of what brand of fuel but what octane rating of fuel that you use. When use +6 PSI calibration, please use at least 91 Octane rated fuel. The highest the octane rating is the better.

If you are worry about mechanical issue, please flash back to stock and record a datalog. If you experience the same issue with knock control reaching 93%, you may experience mechanical issue.

I always use 98 RON (approx. 93 octane) & I never see 93% knock control with +6 PSI calibration. Secondly, you don't need to set your torque limit higher than 250 Nm with +6 PSI calibration.
PatHatch2019

Post by PatHatch2019 »

Hello Hondata,
I have a similar issue.
I am using Sunoco octane 96 race fuel.
Everything was fine until recently.
Since not long ago my know control value is rising up under full load and WOT passed 5k rpm.
It look like the value go up when I depress the gas pedal to shift the next gear.
Major lost of power is feeled and the knock control value move from 54.69 to between 60 and 70.
No knock detected.
I take a few polite learning acceleration in different gears to lower the value again.
I replaced engine air filter (50% dirty) as a troubleshooting measure but still issue persisted.
2019 Civic Sport MT +6psi Hondata loaded.
Can you PLEASE help me?!
arnoldod

Post by arnoldod »

PatHatch2019 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:55 am Hello Hondata,
I have a similar issue.
I am using Sunoco octane 96 race fuel.
Everything was fine until recently.
Since not long ago my know control value is rising up under full load and WOT passed 5k rpm.
It look like the value go up when I depress the gas pedal to shift the next gear.
Major lost of power is feeled and the knock control value move from 54.69 to between 60 and 70.
No knock detected.
I take a few polite learning acceleration in different gears to lower the value again.
I replaced engine air filter (50% dirty) as a troubleshooting measure but still issue persisted.
2019 Civic Sport MT with +6psi Hondata loaded.
Can you PLEASE help me?!
It's normal for knock control going up at high ROM, especially during warmer days or in warm climate. Knock Control below 80% is fine. 90% Knock control is a concern.