@Hondata: VSA kicked on even though it's off in the tune

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
VitViper

@Hondata: VSA kicked on even though it's off in the tune

Post by VitViper »

Question for Hondata:

I have VSA disabled in the tune and my governor set to 200mph. However at the top of 5th gear at 133-134mph all of a sudden the VSA light blinked on and off real quick and the brakes where applied to slow my car down.

Unfortunately I do not have a datalog of this since this wasn't a datalog session, but any idea why this would happen?
silverspoon1996

Post by silverspoon1996 »

I cant disable my VSA, I can uncheck it but it always stays on unless, I manually shut it off on the dash.
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

silverspoon1996 wrote:I cant disable my VSA, I can uncheck it but it always stays on unless, I manually shut it off on the dash.
It's disabled for me before... I can burn rubber off the line and it didn't come on before... But in this instance... freaked me out.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The VSA option in the software controls only the ECU side of the VSA. The setting should match yor vehicle (06 disabled, 07+ enabled). If your vehicle has VSA, then the correct way to disable it is using the button, not by disabling the ECU support.
Hondata
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

Hondata wrote:The VSA option in the software controls only the ECU side of the VSA. The setting should match yor vehicle (06 disabled, 07+ enabled). If your vehicle has VSA, then the correct way to disable it is using the button, not by disabling the ECU support.
So I still have to push the button to turn off VSA at high speeds even though I have an 08 Si running an 07-09 MAP based tune with the "VSA enabled" Misc option unchecked?

If that's the case, what does the VSA enabled misc item actually disable? I know I can now burn rubber right off the line without pushing the VSA button.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Hondata wrote:The [VSA enabled] setting should match your vehicle (06 disabled, 07+ enabled).
Hondata
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

Hondata wrote:
Hondata wrote:The [VSA enabled] setting should match your vehicle (06 disabled, 07+ enabled).
Duh, that makes sense.

On that note... SHOULD that option have any effect (disabling VSA) if I uncheck it in my 08?
maiku

Post by maiku »

I have an 07 and ran into issues with the VSA kicking on when I was on the road course. The box was definitely unchecked but my light on the dash was kicking on during hard turns. That was when I first got flashpro. I haven't been back to the track since.
Does that mean I have to put my switch back in? :( I was so happy to take it out so I can finally put my fog light switch there since there's only one slot. :cry:
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Please read my last two posts. If you have an 07 then VSA should be enabled.
Hondata
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

Hondata wrote:Please read my last two posts. If you have an 07 then VSA should be enabled.
Is there another component to the VSA other than the ECU? Because I turned it off in the ECU for my dyno pulls and it never once came on during my 30+ dyno pulls. But obviously it'll come on when driving on the street even with it off in the ECU.

I'm just trying to understand why....
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

VSA is not in the ECU - it is built into the ABS unit. The ECU just speed limits / reduces power then the VSA tells it to.
Hondata
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

Hondata wrote:VSA is not in the ECU - it is built into the ABS unit. The ECU just speed limits / reduces power then the VSA tells it to.
Thank you for the clarification.
mucter

Post by mucter »

wat? the CAN bus doesn't control the ABS unit? I'm going to complain to Honda for not engineering the car correctly. LOL
maiku

Post by maiku »

Hondata wrote:Please read my last two posts. If you have an 07 then VSA should be enabled.

VSA is not in the ECU - it is built into the ABS unit. The ECU just speed limits / reduces power then the VSA tells it to.
What is the option there for if it doesn't do anything?
Please clarify the last sentence quoted. It's wording is unclear.

Is it possible because I took my button out and I have the box unchecked on my 07 that it's cutting power or adding brake, etc?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

maiku wrote:What is the option there for if it doesn't do anything?
For vehicles without VSA.

This is fairly easy folks: If your vehicle has VSA, then enable it; if it does not, then disable it.
Hondata