latin american civic si issue, swaped ecu with american one

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
peshinho

latin american civic si issue, swaped ecu with american one

Post by peshinho »

I will give you all the steps that i took and what happened.

I bought a flashpro (FP-US-10889)

in your webpage shows this chart for compatibility

VehicleFlashPro Part NumberPrice
2006 + US Civic SiFP-SI-US$695
2006 + Mexico Civic SiFP-SI-US$695
2007 + Central American Civic SiFP-SI-US$695
2007 + South American Civic Si FP-SI-US$695
2007 + European Civic Type RFP-SI-INT$695
2007 + Japanese Civic Type RFP-SI-INT$695
2006 + US S2000FP-S2K-US$695
2006 + Asia S2000FP-S2K-INT$695
2006 + Europe S2000FP-S2K-INT$695

So mine was compatible as i have a 37820-RRD-PP210, i plugged and follow all the steps in the user guide and everything went fine, i was using this version per your suggestion "FlashProManagerV1-1-4-4".
I locked the flashpro to mi vehicle and uploaded an aem sri configuration.
The car was riding fine, then i tried to upload a different configuration and the car never started again, the green key of the inmovilizer never showed up again, so i went to the local honda dealer and they couldn't read the ecu either, so i bought an american ecu (spent another 400 U$S) and the green key appeared and honda charged me another 200 U$S to put the original inmovilizer code).
Now the car starts but i have to errors 1) the check engine and 2) the vsa and a ! inside a triangle, and the car drives awfull, i know that this can be fixed as the us civic si have one sensor that the south american doesn't so i have to dissable it, but i don't know which one is it and i can't use the flashpro as it is locked to the original ecu, and i can't leave the original one to stock as it is broken.
I need you to tell me how can i unlock the flashpro from the original ecu (which is broken) and lock it to the new us ecu.
I also need to know if the flashpro may be faulted, as i didn't do anything that wasn't descrived in the user guide.

here is the error i get when i want to lock the flashpro to the new us ecu (you have it as attachment)

"you can not upload a 'FG2/FA5 civic si 2006 us/canada' calibration to an 'unknown' flashpro"

PLease let me know how to fix this.
Thanks in advance
Facundo

p.s. i read on the internet that this happened to another latin american civic users as well
hapv

Post by hapv »

At this moment I have the same problem, my car is in the dealer right now.
I think they going to change my ECU, but I am afraid because the flashpro is locked to the first ECU.
peshinho

Post by peshinho »

Yes i had it replaced and flashpro is locked to the first one, the ecu was broken while using flashpro, so at least i would like the flashpro to be unlocked to use the second ecu
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Check your email.
Cesar_Blanco

About the problem!!

Post by Cesar_Blanco »

Hello Guys:

I once had this problem but i fixed it loading "ONLY" MAP Calibrations to my ECU, hope this works fine but in the other hand if you solve the problem in a different way please explain HOW?

Cesar
O'Neill

Post by O'Neill »

Hello guys!
Sorry to bump this thread up, but today I had the same issue!

I went to the local Honda dealer in order to load the VIN to my ECU so I could lock my Flashpro to it. Everything fine, reading perfect, datalogging, etc. When I tried to upload a calibration the car never came back, the green key never appeared again...and the temperature gauge stays like partially lit.

The Honda guys tried to read my ECU but they've said that it was dead. What can I do with this? Do I have to change my ECU for another brand new? What about the Flashpro being locked to the presunt dead ECU?

Many thanks in advance!
Nicolas .-
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Had your ECU been previous re-programmed?
Hondata
O'Neill

Post by O'Neill »

Yes, but I first clicked on "return to stock" button. After that I tried to upload a MAP calibration...resulting into dead ECU!

Edit:
Since I couldn't be without my car running, a friend gave me his old ECU and after paying 150 bucks to the Honda dealer to reconfigure the inmobilizer, I got a new ECU running...
Nevertheless, I got the original one here and I guess the flashpro is still locked to it! On the other hand, after this experience, I'm a little afraid of trying again...don't have another ECU to test and it's not fair to be paying again to set the inmobilizer each time I change the ECU just for testing...

I'm open to suggestions!
Many thanks in advance
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We've found that ECUs which have been previously reprogrammed by opening the case have a bug in the code which then crashes the ECU if it is reflashed.

Send us the support information and we'll see if this has happened to you.
Hondata
O'Neill

Post by O'Neill »

Thanks a lot for your support!
I've just sent it.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

If the ECU had been previous re-programmed, then that is the cause.

The ECU and FlashPro will have to be sent to use. Contact us for a RMA.
Hondata
O'Neill

Post by O'Neill »

I've sent an email to sales@hondata as stated on main page. Let me know if you need something else and I'll ship everything.

Two questions that just came into my mind:
Let's assume that I send you the ECU+FP, you fix the code, the FP is 100% working, we're all happy. What happens with the VIN loaded into the ECU, does it get deleted in the fixing procedure?

And the last one: What about the inmobilizer? If I switch back to the original (fixed by you) ECU, do I have to reconfigure anything with the help of the Honda dealer or will it just work right away?

Again, many thanks for your support.
Nicolas
O'Neill

Post by O'Neill »

Well, I know that my stuff arrived...so now I just have to wait until I get your feedback!