This is for Hondata

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
raymon305

This is for Hondata

Post by raymon305 »

hey hondata good morning my name is raymon as you can see by my username lol, i live in miami, fl

i have a question, i recently purchased a used hondata flashpro from a guy in texas. when i go to plug it up it is says that it is locked to another car, if the seller refuses to work with me. is there anything you guys can do to help me ? i purchased it for 400 bucks and that wasnt easy to give up. i guess this is another theft by another person, this really sucks......

please help !
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

File a police report.
Hondata
raymon305

hey hondata

Post by raymon305 »

What do I say on the police report, what do I say like my money was stolen? ??
raymon305

Post by raymon305 »

????
Pir8pete

Post by Pir8pete »

First try an contact the seller and get him to unlock it or yes file a police report. But yeah your SOL on your money
obrienintegra18

Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is for Hondata !!!!!

Post by obrienintegra18 »

the reason the seller of the flashpro sold it to you with it locked is he didnt want to put his car back to stock. hondata makes the flashpro so that when you want to use it on another car you have to return it to stock to unlock . so basicly you got beat for your 400. thats why you always do your home work before you by something. with some thing like this i bought mine new. now you have to pay more if yuo want flashpro .
jimmyz98

Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is for Hondata !!!!!

Post by jimmyz98 »

Depends how you bought it. I bought mine on Ebay. It was advertised as "unlocked from vehicle". Buyer protection states item must be received as advertised. Buyer protection.

If you went through craigslist or a forum, I'm not sure what you can do that wouldn't cost more than another flashpro. Small claims court etc., and I don't know if the police will resolve it. It's worth a try.