Missing calibration type in Flashpro Manager?

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
tucker8235

Missing calibration type in Flashpro Manager?

Post by tucker8235 »

Hi, I just got a flashpro for my US 2007 SI Sedan. I am reading the flashpro help file on your website and under calibrations, it shows options to choose
1. mass flow afm/maf
2. speed/density map
3. return to stock

I am running 1.3.3.0 flashpro manager and don't have those options.
My car is completely stock and so I loaded the Civic-Si-Race-2-Tuned FG2/FA5, MAP based, stock, tuned calibration.
I am curious what the differences are between that one and the Civic-Si-RRB-2-Tuned FG2/FA5, completely stock, tuned.

2nd, the Valet flash looks really cool but seems like you would have to plan ahead to use it or carry the flashpro in the car with you and pull over to the side of the road right before you got to the valet. Is there a better way to save multiple calibrations? Can you store calibrations in hondata so you can change the calibration loaded without needing a laptop?
Thank you,
Andy
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Missing calibration type in Flashpro Manager?

Post by Hondata »

Download and install again (I'd recommend switching to 1.3.7 or later) and make sure you check the 2006+ Si boxes when you install.

I'd recommend the 'Civic-Si-RBB-2-Tuned' calibration. With that calibration you can try the normal (AFM) operation or VE / MAP fuel tables and see what works the best.

See the help file with regards to uploading from the secondary calibration slot http://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/up ... ration.htm
Hondata
tucker8235

Post by tucker8235 »

I found the calibration upload option on the hondata to store two calibrations, very cool, thank you!

Ok, I loaded that calibration and it does appear to be AFM because my maintenance minder stopped being at 100% oil life. I did install 1.3.3.7 but it still doesn't show the map or afm options. Is there another way to switch between the two fuel tables (map or afm) for Civic-Si-RBB-2-Tuned? I even tried a fresh install of windows 7 and installed the latest software on it.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Anything listed as a RACE calibration is a MAP based tune. All others are AFM based and you can now also tune them using MAP.
petah78

Post by petah78 »

Hi, am new to FP and am running into this exact same problem. I am currently running FP manager 1.9.3 along with the US Civic SI FP on windows 7. I do have the 2006 Civic SI checked off as the list of vechicles to install but somehow, i am not seeing the option for MAP based calibrations. Can someone help?

Thanks.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

There really is no reason to use a RACE calibration anymore. All the AFM calibrations have a switch which allows you to tune via MAP.

The RAce calibrations can still be found, but you must have the show Race calibrations box checked. I do not recommend that these be used any more.