External Wideband and Factory A/F Sensor Reading Failure

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
ALS2386

External Wideband and Factory A/F Sensor Reading Failure

Post by ALS2386 »

This last Sunday I noticed that my AEM Wideband dial went 18:1 all the time, and when I check the Hondata datalog I saw that my A/F Sensor is at 29 almost all the time....the only way I see both reading moving is when I remove the gas pedal from acceleration, that the readings go rich and the back all the way to lean...

The car still start and runs pretty well and no MIL is on. The only recent update is my new battery that I replaced it last Friday.

Any idea to start checking? I try to use another calibration and also return the ECU to stock removing the Flashpro reflash but the problem is still here...

Adalberto Lopez, PR
auto.light.solution@hotmail.com
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: External Wideband and Factory A/F Sensor Reading Failure

Post by Spunkster »

It may be a problem with the sensor itself or with the wideband controller.
ALS2386

Re: External Wideband and Factory A/F Sensor Reading Failure

Post by ALS2386 »

But both sensor failed at the same time, and failed with the same symptoms?

When I start the car with cold engine I see a 14.7 reading for about 10 to 15 second and then both goes lean all the way...I think is a problem with the car (+ -)current that went wrong...but I have not discovered yet. Battery voltage is 12.5- 12.6 when off, and 14.06 when on. All fuses where checked and are ok...

I need someone who tell where to check, or maybe someone who already pass this problem...

Maybe the ECU went damaged...