Can you guys check out my Datalog?

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
XBlazer20

Can you guys check out my Datalog?

Post by XBlazer20 »

Hi! im new to flashpro and the tuning world. when i first put on the base k&n sri map i had 0 knock counts. granted that was with castrol conventional 5-30
im using pennzoil platinum if that makes any difference.
any ways im freaking out about my knock count being at 21 mainly on cylinder 3 and 4. car has 124k miles only mod is the intake and flashpro of course.
Attachments
Going to Walmart.fpdl
(397.09 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
jonofmac

Re: Can you guys check out my Datalog?

Post by jonofmac »

XBlazer,

Your oil is probably not the cause of your knocks. Your IATs look to be a tad warm (was it hot outside when you did this datalog?), and heat DOES make you more prone to knock.
Your knocks happened under full throttle during your 2nd and 3rd gear pull. Looks like your fuel and ignition need a little work. You start off rich and then get a bit lean at higher RPMs.

Your knock is around 6000-6500 rpm mostly. I would drop a degree of ignition timing in the appropriate cells and then clean up fuel slightly.

If you post your tune file, I am sure someone (or maybe me, if I remember to come back, I'm forgetful lol) would help you.

You also can find flashpro tuning help on 8thcivic.com forums (there's a thread where people are posting their tunes and community members help
jonofmac

Post by jonofmac »

Also might be worth noting that your ECT2 sensor (your radiator temp sensor) appears to be broken as well. It is all over the place (goes from 30F to 350+F within a few seconds and then back and forth).

Or perhaps the tune you have has it disabled. That could cause this as well.
XBlazer20

Post by XBlazer20 »

hey guys thanks for your expertise! below is my Calibration, all it is is a base map K&N SRI V2.

i also posted this on 8thcivic some of the guys gave me options to switch to mucters stock tune or password JDM intake CAL.
My CAL..fpcal
(21.31 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
XBlazer20

Post by XBlazer20 »

jonofmac wrote:Also might be worth noting that your ECT2 sensor (your radiator temp sensor) appears to be broken as well. It is all over the place (goes from 30F to 350+F within a few seconds and then back and forth).

Or perhaps the tune you have has it disabled. That could cause this as well.
my ect2 is enabled. guess i got a project to do today!
XBlazer20

Post by XBlazer20 »

good news! i tried this CAL
FProTuning.PWDJDM.fpcal
(18.05 KiB) Downloaded 203 times

i had 1 knock at first around 6k
i did a few more pulls and i datalogged again for like 20 minutes and nothing. she seems to really like this tune however i believe im running a tad rich i believe heres my datalog

PWJDM intake Calibration.fpdl
(2.15 MiB) Downloaded 190 times
then heres my 2nd datalog with this calibration
PWJDM intake calibration 2nd log.fpdl
(1.28 MiB) Downloaded 167 times
XBlazer20

Post by XBlazer20 »

im now going to try this tune
FlashProTuning.Stock_Tuned_0.fpcal
(17.53 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
be back with logs soon

heres the log i really think she liked this tune 0 knocks throughout the whole log with lots of pulls and the AFR looks good!
Mucters stock tune.fpdl
(2.6 MiB) Downloaded 272 times
jonofmac

Post by jonofmac »

Yes, if you're almost stock, Mucters stock tune is a very good basemap.