ECU wiring

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
Billyisgr8

ECU wiring

Post by Billyisgr8 »

Swapping a K20z3 with 6 speed into my old beetle racecar as a mid engine and am wanting to use the civic tack and speedo in it. I have the whole car 2008 civic si. What of the wiring harness do I need to install with the ecu. Do I have to have all modules including the srs, and electric power steering , from the car connected to the harness so it will not throw codes or make me go into limp mode? I am only stripping the civic right now to prepare for this swap and can grab anything I need. I have the tach and speedo harness and engine bay harness so far and some others. Do I basicly have to have the complete wiring harness of the whole car hooked up so this will work with Flashpro? Or can I skinny it down to bare minimum? Please suggest what you would think can work. Im sure there are race cars out there with bare minimum systems so hopefully somebody can chime in.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: ECU wiring

Post by Spunkster »

Are you planning to run this with a K-Pro or with the FlashPro?
Billyisgr8

Post by Billyisgr8 »

Flash pro
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The FlashPro is not designed or recommended for use with engine swaps. For something like this you will need the service manual and have to trace all the wires and see what will be needed.
Billyisgr8

Post by Billyisgr8 »

Thanks, I could avoid all this headache, but I really want to use the civic tach display in the stock beetle speedo location, so If it means running all the wiring , then so be it, whats an extra 30 pounds of wire in a car that weighs 1830 pounds with me in it.