secondary 02 enabled

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
alexmoore

secondary 02 enabled

Post by alexmoore » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:11 pm

I have a custom tune by vit (I have a tried asking him but he has moved on) and the whole time I have ran it the secondary 02 sensor has remained disabled. In the past for emissions check I was allowed to pass with one readiness monitor not set due to this. This year the rules have changed and there are no exceptions. The car still has the oem cat and sensor on it just running a hybrid CAI. I turned it back on to try and I found cruising in 6th at a light steady throttle my AFR bounced all over the place.

Iam assuming that this secondary 02 sensor was left off for a reason and that its trying to make its own adjustments? Is there a way to have this turned back on with out throwing everything out of whack.

thanks

Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: secondary 02 enabled

Post by Spunkster » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:15 am

It sounds like a tuning issue, but we cannot help with emissions related issues. Returning to stock might be your best option for this.

Scuderia

Post by Scuderia » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:20 pm

Turn on rev hang, and the O2 sensor. And it might take a week or more to set readiness codes. Honestly, going back to stock for a day is easier. These cars only need a 5 mile drive and 1 cold start to set the readiness codes, in stock mode.

alexmoore

Post by alexmoore » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:04 pm

Unfortunately I'm running a hybrid cai so I need a tune. But what I want to know is it possible to turn it on and get it to run right or is that the reason it was kept off because it will try to correct it.

Scuderia

Post by Scuderia » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:02 am

The readiness code will set, but it will take a while, because you're venting a lot of unburnt hydrocarbons in the exhaust every time to shift or let off the throttle. That's what rev-hang is for; to burn off those pesky hydrocarbons. So just turn on rev-hang, and the second O2, and hopefully your readiness codes will set quickly.