FD2 PLX wideband problem

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FD2 Japanese Civic Type R
Labaredas

Post by Labaredas »

Hondata, thank you for your concern and for the in short time issue resolution.
I allready test it and it works perfectly. In the beggining I got a little scared because I went to configure the wideband input on the closed loop settings and I noticed that was missing the option where you choose the input pin. I went to the Options Menu and I realize that was a submenu for Show Advanced Parameters, I click on that, then went again to the closed loop settings and there it was the setting for the input selection. Then I found another little issue, in tables when you click on the Normal; Lamba or Fuel Change icons it does nothing, for that be shown you must go to the View Menu and choose it from there.
Another thing that i noticed was that the AF value on flash pro was different from the PLX Display. For eg. 15.8 on FlashPro and 14.7 on the PLX Display. To solve that i went for the Lambda settings on Closed Loop and said thar for 0v-9.20:1 and for 5v-19.20, then the value was the same either in FlashPro or Plx Display.I don't know if it was the right process but I hope that you could give me your opinion on that.

Thanks Hondata and keep on the good work.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

To get them to match change the voltage offset in the Calibration under Clood loop, Lamda. Once you enter the correct votage offset both readings should match.
Labaredas

Post by Labaredas »

Spunkster wrote:To get them to match change the voltage offset in the Calibration under Clood loop, Lamda. Once you enter the correct votage offset both readings should match.
Ok , I tried to do that, but it doesn't let me to put a negative voltage.Every time I try it gets back to 0
This is what I had to do.

Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I'm not sure what you mean, it does allow a voltage offset value that is negative.
Labaredas

Post by Labaredas »

Spunkster wrote:I'm not sure what you mean, it does allow a voltage offset value that is negative.
I'll try to explain better.
Right below the Voltage Wiband Input there is a setting for Wideband Voltage Offet, where you can change the voltage to match the correct value, right? When I try to put for eg. -0.85v and save the calibration, that value returns to 0v. But if I put just 0.85 (wihtout the " - ") and then save the calibration, the value stays fixed. Since I couldn't get the correct value from this way I had to change the values in the Wideband lambda as as I showed in the image on my previous post.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Please post your calibration showing the problem as I am not able to reproduce this here.
Labaredas

Post by Labaredas »

Spunkster wrote:Please post your calibration showing the problem as I am not able to reproduce this here.
Ok, I don't know how am I going to show you the problem by posting the calibration. But here it is.

Open the calibration and try to put -0.80 on the Voltage Offset, save the calibration and see what happens.
Attachments
FD2 JTyper.fpcal
(9.03 KiB) Downloaded 462 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

An offset of 0.8V indicates a huge ground offset problem. Fix that. The first thing to look at is where you have your PLX grounded.
Hondata
Labaredas

Post by Labaredas »

Hondata wrote:An offset of 0.8V indicates a huge ground offset problem. Fix that. The first thing to look at is where you have your PLX grounded.
The voltage I gave you in my previous post was just an example. My problem is that I can't put any negative value in there because everytime I try to do that and then save the calibration the value returns to 0.
The PLX is grounded in the exact place that is explained on the contents.

Thanks for help.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The problem appears to be with that particular calibration. All the other FD2 Asian calibrations seem to work correctly.
Labaredas

Post by Labaredas »

Spunkster wrote:The problem appears to be with that particular calibration. All the other FD2 Asian calibrations seem to work correctly.
This is the Hondata Reflash Calibration only gave it that name. I know that it was already tuned but not by me.
But I will try another then.

Thank you.
Labaredas

Post by Labaredas »

Sorry, but i've tried several other FD2 calibrations on this precise moment and any of them work. I also tried same US Si ones and they work just fine.
Labaredas

Post by Labaredas »

Well, as i didn't get any concret solution for the lambda voltage issue, I've tried something different. I started with an FG2/FA5 Civic SI MAP calibration, deactivated some functions that are not supported on the FD2 Civic, fill all tables with the FD2 Hondata Type R Reflah values (that allready had been modified from other person) and give it a try. The car works just fine and now I'm able to set the Wideband Voltage Offset, that actually stands for -0.26v. I also have numerous new features such as; Fuel and Ignition Coolant Temperatue Compensation; Fuel and Ignition Air Temperature Compensation ;Cylinder Trim; Radiator Fan Override.
The only thing that called my attention was the fact of the fuel on vtec beeing a bit lean compared to the original FD2 Hontada Reflash. After I added some fuel on this section either in ECU or PLX Display the readings seems to be just fine, it is not yet fully tuned, as I said it was just to give a try. If you want I can post the calibration in order to you get a look.

Regards
Labaredas

Post by Labaredas »

Anyone? :roll:
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

We are aware of this and it will be fixed in a future release of the software.