Mugen RR

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FD2 Japanese Civic Type R
raptor15

Re: Mugen RR

Post by raptor15 »

with using another ECU will i not have problems with locking the flashpro to the unit as VIN flashed on the ECU would be different to the chassis etc. I am finding it very difficult to locate a japanese FD2R stock ecu :S
raptor15

Post by raptor15 »

i hope i can find a solution for the ECU from Hondata soon because the car is waiting for a cam upgrade in preparation for a competition in January. Otherwise other management will need to be used
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Spunkster wrote:What is the part number of the ECU?
raptor15

Post by raptor15 »

37820-RRC-J01
4828-105506
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

FlashPro will probably work with that ECU - it is not possible to say for sure without knowing what the calibration ID is for the ECU.

However, as pointed out, if the stock (Mugen) calibration is not the same as a normal FD2, then a return to stock will overwrite the Mugen problem.

Our advice would be to use a replacement ECU and match immobilizers.
Hondata
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Typically an ECU with a different program on it, or a specific Mugen ECU has a very different part number from a stock ECU. In this case the ECU has the same part number as a stock CTR. This leads me to believe that there is no difference between the regular CTR and the Mugen CTR when it comes to the ECU tuning.
raptor15

Post by raptor15 »

I am pretty sure its a different map because of the higher rev limiter and to cater for the stage 1 cams that came factory fit. The :(owner of the car really wants to be able to revert back to the stock mugen map if he has to.

If i am to get another ECU what should i have to look out for and how am i to match the immobilizers? Will i have a VIN problem etc? The only way is to get a brand new ECU and looks like its not going to be cheap :(