RE: Question regarding throttle after tuning

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FD2 Japanese Civic Type R
Post Reply
dbsray
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:18 am

RE: Question regarding throttle after tuning

Post by dbsray » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:28 am

I have just got my FD2 tuned with dyno by an ECU tuner today. The dyno result was quite good and everything seemed to be fine. However, when we went for test drive, the max. throttle (%) shown on the computer can only attain 95% but not 100%, despite the gas pedal being fully pressed. The tuner claimed that the throttle shown on computer was 100% during tuning on dyno but somehow it became 95% when going test drive. And he told me that it doesn't really matter since I cannot feel the remaining 5% anyway.

My questions are:
1) How come the maximum throttle sensed by the computer was 95% instead of 100% despite a fully depressed gas pedal ?
2) How much does the 5% reduction affect the performance of my car ?
3) Is there any way I could correct the problem ?

Thank you very much.

User avatar
Spunkster
Site Admin
Posts: 17934
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 5:06 pm
Location: Hondata
Contact:

Re: RE: Question regarding throttle after tuning

Post by Spunkster » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:15 am

Check the floor mat and make sure it's not bunched up under the pedal.

dbsray
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:18 am

Re: RE: Question regarding throttle after tuning

Post by dbsray » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:33 pm

This is what the tuner asked me to do but there is indeed nothing blocking the way.
It's really strange....

User avatar
Spunkster
Site Admin
Posts: 17934
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 5:06 pm
Location: Hondata
Contact:

Re: RE: Question regarding throttle after tuning

Post by Spunkster » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:17 pm

Then perhaps he is mistaken about it reading 100% during tuning. The throttle plate maps are editable.

dbsray
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:18 am

Re: RE: Question regarding throttle after tuning

Post by dbsray » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:02 am

Oh no ... in that case, is it possible/easy for me to correct it myself ? I know nothing about ECU tuning .... Since I am from Hong Kong and the tuner has been back to Singapore, I cannot ask him to retune for me ...
Will you advise me to try modifying it myself ? If so, how shall I do it ?
Thank you so much.

User avatar
Spunkster
Site Admin
Posts: 17934
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 5:06 pm
Location: Hondata
Contact:

Re: RE: Question regarding throttle after tuning

Post by Spunkster » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:54 am

If you do not know how to tune then you should contact your tuner for help with this, or just leave it as it is.

dbsray
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:18 am

Re: RE: Question regarding throttle after tuning

Post by dbsray » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:14 pm

so I'd better not to try then. Thank you for your advice.
So how much does it affect the performance of the car indeed ? in my case where the ECU can only sense that 95% of accelerating pedal (throttle) is being pressed.

User avatar
Spunkster
Site Admin
Posts: 17934
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 5:06 pm
Location: Hondata
Contact:

Re: RE: Question regarding throttle after tuning

Post by Spunkster » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:26 pm

It is impossible to say without a dyno.

dbsray
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:18 am

Re: RE: Question regarding throttle after tuning

Post by dbsray » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:31 pm

Thanks a lot. Cheers.

nunoctr
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 12:29 pm

Re: RE: Question regarding throttle after tuning

Post by nunoctr » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:34 pm

are you talking about throtle plate or throtle pedal?

is normal the T. pedal at 95%.you have to see the T. plate is 100% or more. If yes is all good.

GTI
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2003 6:51 pm

Re: RE: Question regarding throttle after tuning

Post by GTI » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:00 pm

Your calibration is probably locked by your tuner.
You cannot do anything but to wait for him to come back to Hong Kong.

sc0rcher
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 12:01 am

Re: RE: Question regarding throttle after tuning

Post by sc0rcher » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:43 pm

U can always ask him to email u e calibration. He definitely has kept a copy in his lappy...

dbsray
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:18 am

Re: RE: Question regarding throttle after tuning

Post by dbsray » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:22 am

Sorry for the late reply.
My tuner asked me if I have pressed the throttle"pedal" fully, since the live time data on his laptop showed that I was pressing 95% throttle "pedal" only. I guess what the tuner meant was throttle pedal, not throttle plate.

Do you mean that the throttle pedal reading should show 95% despite the pedal was indeed pressed fully ?

thank you all very much for replying my messages.

Post Reply