Decat Tune

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FN2 European Civic Type R
samgallizzi

Decat Tune

Post by samgallizzi »

So i'm going to soon be decatting my car, i.e using a 4-2-1 exhaust manifold without catalytic converter (Tegiwa for reference). I currently have a 2.5" catback (J's Racing 60RS System) and large bore CAI kit (CPL Racing). If I use the Group N tune as a base tune, will this cause issues? Or do I have to change certain parameters on the map in order to make it work well?

I plan on taking the car to a tuner at some point in the next month, but it would be nice to be able to run the car in a normal way in the meantime without worrying about it leaning out.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Decat Tune

Post by Spunkster »

We have no idea how it will run with these calibrations. You will have to try it and see what the AF looks like and make sure there is no knock.
typer86

Re: Decat Tune

Post by typer86 »

samgallizzi wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:40 am So i'm going to soon be decatting my car, i.e using a 4-2-1 exhaust manifold without catalytic converter (Tegiwa for reference). I currently have a 2.5" catback (J's Racing 60RS System) and large bore CAI kit (CPL Racing). If I use the Group N tune as a base tune, will this cause issues? Or do I have to change certain parameters on the map in order to make it work well?

I plan on taking the car to a tuner at some point in the next month, but it would be nice to be able to run the car in a normal way in the meantime without worrying about it leaning out.
It's no problem.
You must disable the second o2 sensor in the misc menu.

Please note. You must deal in the fuel mixture by checking/monitor STRIM and LTRIM value.

Also check AFR at WOT because the ECU will not adjust fuel in open loop conditions at WOT.