BIG problem with fuel gauge after FP

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FN2 European Civic Type R
dinoc

Post by dinoc »

so how about feedback on datalogs at least, I see you have deleted my previous post , why ?
Euro Honda Accord CL9
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Abusive posts will be deleted.
Hondata
dinoc

Post by dinoc »

you did not answer my question , keep avoiding this
I bought one of your products but you don't even bother
to check my datalogs (I've asked you many times, nicel)
you did give feedback to other's datalogs, but me
why ?
is this a way to "thank me" that I've pay money on your item you sell?
Euro Honda Accord CL9
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Please post your calibration / datalog in a format which I can read.
Hondata
dinoc

Post by dinoc »

This is my thread opened some time ago, there is a .rar archive there, if is not readable I can archive it in .zip or others .

If the datalogs are not enough I can take others .

viewtopic.php?t=10170

THANK YOU !
Euro Honda Accord CL9
CTR07286

Post by CTR07286 »

hey Hondata!!

any luck with the fuel gauge issues :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The FN2 economy meter / fuel gauge does not work correctly with the race calibrations. This is not something we can fix.
We added forced induction capability to the AFM calibration so that people can use a calibration which allows them to both tune their vehicle and retain the operation of the economy meter / cruise control.
Hondata
NitroF1

Post by NitroF1 »

sorry but what do you mean with *which allows them to both tune their vehicle*???
CTR07286

Post by CTR07286 »

Hondata wrote:The FN2 economy meter / fuel gauge does not work correctly with the race calibrations. This is not something we can fix.
We added forced induction capability to the AFM calibration so that people can use a calibration which allows them to both tune their vehicle and retain the operation of the economy meter / cruise control.
thank you
i was never too worried about the trip meter or the cruise control, but having a petrol gauge that goes from 50% - 0 than back to 50% within 20km is scary :lol:
gasss_85

Post by gasss_85 »

NitroF1 wrote:sorry but what do you mean with *which allows them to both tune their vehicle*???
You have not read it correctly, it means this:
which allows them to:
1.- tune their vehicle
2.- retain the operation of the economy meter / cruise control

at the same time!
:wink:
shabsta

Post by shabsta »

Same issue with this. Im actually considering removing all maps from the car until Hondata are able to resolve this.

Driving a car around without a gauge in South Africa is looking for trouble. For one we have no emergency lanes, and two the thought of breaking down means one of two things or both, being hijacked and killed for a car regardless of whether they get the car.
civicRSA

Post by civicRSA »

shabsta wrote:Same issue with this. Im actually considering removing all maps from the car until Hondata are able to resolve this.

Driving a car around without a gauge in South Africa is looking for trouble. For one we have no emergency lanes, and two the thought of breaking down means one of two things or both, being hijacked and killed for a car regardless of whether they get the car.
Here's the answer for you and others
http://honda-racing.co.za/fuel-gauge-fu ... 30976.html

This is not a problem with Hondata it is a downside of using Race Calibrations on a FN2. Some of us hardcore drivers will still use race calibrations and just make sure we fill up more often.

Change your intake and use a MAF tune. Your fuel gauge will work 100% normal.
FN2_JR

Post by FN2_JR »

Civic what are you saying?
We pay for something that doesnt work 100%?
We should have hardcore driving/performance and the gauges work perfect.
Otherwise they would make an announcment like :
"Dear FN2 owners, u may buy our newest Flashpro with the new 1.1.4.5 beta version to tune your FN2 with compressor or turbocharger but your gauges won't work properly, because we don't have the european model here, so we can't test it 100%"
No offense, but get serious please

Regards
civicRSA

Post by civicRSA »

I am 100% serious :lol:
The fact that you are able to tune your K20 motor with a MAP based calibration is a bonus thanks to Hondata. The motors use the MAF sensor stock from the factory. It is possible to tune your supercharged FN2 with a MAF calibration. Hondata have created a starting calibration for us (Thanks Hondata) you will need a good tuner to get it running well.

If you want to tune your vehicle with the MAP sensor then you have to understand that you will have some issues with the gauges.
That is why they are called RACE CALIBRATIONS!!!
FN2_JR

Post by FN2_JR »

Ok, but thats not my point RSA.

I want to have a clearly answer from Hondata, if it is safe to tune my FN2 with JR compressor using AFM(so the gauges will work perfect) and NOT MAP.

I' m wondering about this, because in their saves in NFA there are only N/A car and in MAP there are a bunch of saves with turbocharged and compressor cars.
Got it now?

Cheers