BIG problem with fuel gauge after FP

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FN2 European Civic Type R
civicRSA

Post by civicRSA »

Yes it is safe as long as you have a good tuner do the tuning for you. There are lots of company's and tuners in Europe that install superchargers in the FN2 and use MAF calibrations. The reason there are no calibrations saved in the software is because Hondata do their tuning on the Civic Si in the USA.

In the new versions of FPM there is a FN2 forced induction starting calibration. This is not tuned so you would need to have a tuner set it up for you.

I am installing a supercharger with 650cc Injectors on my FN2 soon and will be making a MAF calibration. You will be welcome to the calibration when I'm done.
Mityai

Post by Mityai »

I have the same problem, installed Jackson Racing compressor and FlashPro.
Fuel level is not always shown correctly. When are you going to actively fuel level falls rapidly, even if a full tank. When slow - show starts correctly.
Please fix it!
Nitro1018

Post by Nitro1018 »

Mityai wrote:I have the same problem, installed Jackson Racing compressor and FlashPro.
Fuel level is not always shown correctly. When are you going to actively fuel level falls rapidly, even if a full tank. When slow - show starts correctly.
Please fix it!
They can't fix this problem! Hondata already said this many times.
Mityai

Post by Mityai »

Nitro1018 wrote:
Mityai wrote:I have the same problem, installed Jackson Racing compressor and FlashPro.
Please fix it!
They can't fix this problem! Hondata already said this many times.
this is terrible :-(
FN2_JR

Post by FN2_JR »

Indeed this is terrible Mityai.Hondata is just not giving us a clear answer :
i)If this is safe and
ii)When they re gona release the final version (1.1.4.5 NOT beta)

RSA, thank you for your information.
Waiting for your upload, since i have the same injectors as them you re going to install.
Alex_FN2

Post by Alex_FN2 »

You can have both MAF-MAP cals in the flashpro as 'PRIMERY CAL'----'SECONDARY CAL' and change from one another in 90sec.
I've done it and i'm very happy with the results!!

the only problem is you've to pay for 2 maps!
CivicVTi

Post by CivicVTi »

Alex_FN2 wrote:You can have both AFM-MAP cals in the flashpro as 'PRIMERY CAL'----'SECONDARY CAL' and change from one another in 90sec.
I've done it and i'm very happy with the results!!

the only problem is you've to pay for 2 maps!
I do this on every customer's car, including Alex :) Has worked perfectly and is the only solution to this problem right now.

I tune my customers' vehicles on AFM first, then create a MAP calibration with the same ignition and cam angles, only redo the fuel tables.
LotusElise

Re: BIG problem with fuel gauge after FP

Post by LotusElise »

My Euro FN2 had problem with fuel gauge after I flashed with Hondata with Group N profile. Does that mean it has no solution yet?
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: BIG problem with fuel gauge after FP

Post by Hondata »

What is the problem exactly? The AFM based calibrations should not exhibit any difference with the fuel gauge. If you did use a race calibration and then switched back to AFM, then it may take a little while for the dash to go back to normal.
Hondata