FD2 cams on FN2 - need bigger injectors ?

FlashPro Manager software
dinoc

FD2 cams on FN2 - need bigger injectors ?

Post by dinoc »

Hi Hondata,

The mechanic installed the FD2 cams on my FN2, along with the ECU reflashed with a program for my mods (from the signature + FD2 cams).

The car does not run properly , is very very lean, when I blip the throttle a little bit harder, the engine stops.

Attached is a short datalog , you can see the car stopped twice, when pushed the throttle.
Before datalogging with FlashPro I had a CheckEngine , the error has been deleted using Honda Diagnostic Tool (see attached picture) so the FlashPro did not catch it ...

The map has been loaded into ECU by CPL Racing using a FlashPro version 1.1.2.1 , so I'm not sure if my problem is related to this version or not, should this be uploaded with a newer version or not ?

I'm stuck and confused right now , because I don't know what the problem might be related to : cams install, map calibration, software upload version or what ... anyone can give me some hints what to do further ?

At this moment I can't drive my car ...
Attachments
bad.rar
(151.13 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
lean.jpg
lean.jpg (973.54 KiB) Viewed 8557 times
Last edited by dinoc on Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Euro Honda Accord CL9
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you contacted CPL Racing?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

V 1.1.2.1 was an early beta version, which should be upgraded to the production release (V 1.1.2.7) before going any further.
Hondata
dinoc

Post by dinoc »

Yes I did contact CPL . They don't know what to advise me as I can't bring the car to them (I'm outside of UK)
They say their map should be fine.
All I found out was that they used version V 1.1.2.1 to upload the calibration and they are willing to rewrite the map again using a newer version of FlashPro (tough I have to ship them the ECU again ...)

Should I ask them to use this version V 1.1.2.7 or another version ?

Also could be the cams not installed properly ?

Not sure how to debug this further ... for now I was thinking to ask them to rewrite the map using a newer FlashPro Manager version.

Also I was thinking to borrow a Honda Group-N ECU and try it on my car, tough not sure how the FD2 cams should behave with this ECU ?

Any thoughts, please?
Euro Honda Accord CL9
_Mozz_

Post by _Mozz_ »

I feel for you dinoc.

That thing about fixed maps realy does my head in!!

Hope you get this sorted soon.
nunoctr

Post by nunoctr »

as said to you dinoc this should have been uploaded with the new flaspromanager, hondata made several important modifications to the FPM after that version.

try with the reflash ECU only to see if the problem remains, don't go wot and it will be fine. It's only to see if it's a calibration problem.
dinoc

Post by dinoc »

So far I've sent the ECU back to be re-writed with a newer version of FP Manager.

Meantime I was wondering if there are basemap for the mods I have (in the signature).
If want to start tune it myself what calibration should I use as a starting point ?
Euro Honda Accord CL9
dinoc

Post by dinoc »

Something else I forgot to mention ... during the cams install, the mechanic installed the cams sensors in the wrong way
( he has inverted the intake and exhaust cam sensors) , when he started the cams
and blip the throttle , engine throw CEL , DTC with cams position being wrong.

Then he figured out what he did and change the sensors and then the other problem (I wrote above) appeared ...
I'm thinking maybe something went bad during install ...
Euro Honda Accord CL9
dinoc

Post by dinoc »

updates:
- I have received the ECU back from tuner, they rewrote the calibration using the latest FlashPro Manager version
- now the car feels better, no check engine, no engine stop , or others ...
- I've managed to do some datalogs , not sure the I did datalog right the wot part as I have some issue with the gearbox (If I want to change fast, the gearbox won't engage, the clutch and pressure plate was replaced at the same time with the cams)
- I've notice some 2 or 3 exhaust pops exhaust noises
- this was the first time I gave it a good run since the cams install

I'm trying to upload some datalogs , .rar files but for some reason I have some errrors trying to upload this , something like:
"
Upload Error: Could not upload Attachment to ./files/fd2cams_256.rar.
"
Euro Honda Accord CL9
dinoc

Post by dinoc »

I've put my datalogs here:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/a132fhc/n/FD2cams.rar

Hondata please review my datalogs !

[LE]

Just noticed the duty cycle on my injector is reaching 100% at WOT.
At first I've thought is related to the FD2 cams, but I just checked some older datalogs when I had OEM cams ( just I/H/E and RRC but OEM cams)
and sometimes the duty cycle on my injector was 100%, also ...
what's the deal with this , why do I reach 100% ?
Euro Honda Accord CL9
dinoc

Post by dinoc »

I was just checking the datalogs again (when 100% duty cycle appeared) and noticed
that in all cases (OEM cams, FD2 cams, different gas brands) this happend when outside
temperature was low ( between -2 to + 2 degree Celsius )
I've checked the other datalogs when outside was warmer, and duty cycle did no exceede 80% .

So this 100% duty cycle it seems to me that is related to the colder air from outside , too ...
Euro Honda Accord CL9
dinoc

Post by dinoc »

Hondata please review my datalogs after New Year.

More datalogs at WOT.
It looks to me that once the injectors duty cycle exceeds 80% the AFR start to become lean and at 100% is very lean.
What do you think?

Also , any idea what's with those K.Count4 increasing suddenly by 4 ... 4 , 8, 12 ... are those real knocks ?

Cheers and Happy New Year ![/u]
Attachments
FD2cams-30Dec.rar
(1.95 MiB) Downloaded 244 times
Euro Honda Accord CL9
dinoc

Post by dinoc »

Hondata please review my datalogs and tell me your opinion on injectors, also .

Thanks,
Dinu
Euro Honda Accord CL9
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If you really want feedback you need to show this to CPL as they have the calibration and we do not.
dinoc

Post by dinoc »

I tried , they don't work like that, they won't give me any, "they sold me this as it is and is up to me to decide if is good or not" (just quoting them) ...
otherwise I wouldn't ask for help here (I'm not double checking them or something,
I just don't have any feedback, so that's why I came to you to ask for).
Euro Honda Accord CL9