AF Corrected value seems off

FlashPro Manager software
Gernby

AF Corrected value seems off

Post by Gernby »

Would you please add another item to the "wish list" for enhancements in FlashPro Manager to alter the AF correction? I don't think my AFR values are nearly as lean as the FlashPro Manager says. I plan to have another O2 sensor bung installed in my exhaust so I can log it with my LM-1, but I'd like to be able to adjust the correction when I do.
'06 NFR S2000
nunoctr

Post by nunoctr »

many users of FP have wideband sensors and say that the afr correct is almost the same as the wideband (0.1/0.2 error). So probably it's your stock sensor that is not good.
Gernby

Post by Gernby »

nunoctr wrote:many users of FP have wideband sensors and say that the afr correct is almost the same as the wideband (0.1/0.2 error). So probably it's your stock sensor that is not good.
I agree that is a possibility, but my AF corrected is reading low 14's at WOT with the stock tune and a nearly stock car (CAI). If it was really that lean, I would expect some knock counts, but I'm not getting any.

My S2000 only has 9500 miles on it, so I wouldn't see any reason for it to be bad.
'06 NFR S2000
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Knock is mostly from ignition timing and not fueling.
Gernby

Post by Gernby »

Spunkster wrote:Knock is mostly from ignition timing and not fueling.
Lean conditions don't cause knock?
'06 NFR S2000
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

Gernby wrote:
He is assuming that your AFRs are where they need to be. But yes, a lean condition will cause knock. But if your AFRs are good then ignition is the cause of your knock.
Gernby

Post by Gernby »

soxfan143 wrote:
Gernby wrote:
He is assuming that your AFRs are where they need to be. But yes, a lean condition will cause knock. But if your AFRs are good then ignition is the cause of your knock.
That would be a poor assumption. I've tuned my fuel maps to have an AF Corrected value at 14.3:1 at WOT throughout the whole RPM range, and am getting better power with no knock count than when I tuned it for 13.5:1.
'06 NFR S2000
civicRSA

Re: AF Corrected value seems off

Post by civicRSA »

Gernby wrote:Would you please add another item to the "wish list" for enhancements in FlashPro Manager to alter the AF correction? I don't think my AFR values are nearly as lean as the FlashPro Manager says. I plan to have another O2 sensor bung installed in my exhaust so I can log it with my LM-1, but I'd like to be able to adjust the correction when I do.
I have a similar problem. I'm using my stock wideband to tune. My AF will not go lower than 13.6 no matter how much fuel I add. On the dyno flashpro will say the AF is 14:1 but dyno will say 12:1 my vehicle also has low mileage but I suspect it is my O2 sensor so I have ordered a new one.
Gernby

Post by Gernby »

I installed my wideband O2 over the weekend (Innovate Motorsports LM-1) in a bung just inches away from the stock primary sensor in the header. As I suspected it would, the AF reading that I'm getting from the LM-1 is very close to the uncorrected AF value in the datalog. The "corrected" value is reading very lean.

'06 NFR S2000
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The correction we use was consistent over several vehicles using a wideband next to the stock primary o2 sensor.
Hondata
Gernby

Post by Gernby »

Hondata wrote:The correction we use was consistent over several vehicles using a wideband next to the stock primary o2 sensor.
I don't understand your point. Are you saying my results are invalid? My wideband sensor has very few miles on it, since I only use it to tune, and I did a free air calibration before installing it. I can't think of any reason to ignore these results.

What were the vehicles you used? Were any of them '08 AP2's? I really think the correction needs to be adjustable in the software.
'06 NFR S2000
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

My point is that there are three vehicles, two are which produce the same results. A larger sample size needs to be made.

We'll add the correction to the software at some point.
Hondata
thesilverbullet

Post by thesilverbullet »

Hondata wrote:My point is that there are three vehicles, two are which produce the same results. A larger sample size needs to be made.

We'll add the correction to the software at some point.

were these three cars civics or s2000s? according to your help files the civic was used to determine the af corr. did you also test af on s2k or just assumed it would have the same results as civics...
'24 ITR Tiger Eye coming soon...
'23 RDX SH-AWD
'07 S2K w/ JVT header, Berk 3" header back w/ TP Exhaust, AEM V3 CAI & Flashpro
'02 RSX-S w/cai/exhaust/dcrh/kpro - SOLD
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

S2000s of course. The Civic has a different correction.
Hondata
shind3

Re: AF Corrected value seems off

Post by shind3 »

So it's been 4 years. Has a larger sample size been analyzed? Can I rely on my stock sensor if using 'AF corrected' to tune? I installed a new OEM sensor a couple thousand miles ago.