Individual cylinder ignition trim

FlashPro Manager software
Gernby

Individual cylinder ignition trim

Post by Gernby »

I'm trying to figure out how the trim works for individual cylinder ignition adjustments. The help document shows that the trim is positive to advance timing for a cylinder, and negative to retard timing. This seems very straight forward. However, the screen doesn't match the help document. The adjustment now says "Retard (*)" instead of "Trim (*)". This makes me think that a positive value would retard timing, and a negative value would advance timing. Which is correct?
'06 NFR S2000
all-black

Post by all-black »

retard is negative. advance is positive
chris2000

Post by chris2000 »

all-black wrote:retard is negative. advance is positive
can someone confirm this. cause the screen shows "retard" at the program. so i'm under the impression that +value is retard and -value means advance.
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

Well I actually tested this today and when I entered a positive number cylinder 2 knocked like a bastard. When I entered a negative value it was fine. So my guess is that a negative value is what you need to enter to have ignition retard in that cylinder. Can Hondata confirm?
Gernby

Post by Gernby »

It does seem to be negative to retard, positive to advance, so I think Hondata just needs to fix the screen to say "Advance" instead of "Retard".
'06 NFR S2000
chris2000

Post by chris2000 »

Gernby wrote:It does seem to be negative to retard, positive to advance, so I think Hondata just needs to fix the screen to say "Advance" instead of "Retard".
i tested a +1 on cylinder2 and knock increase considerably.. so i'm confused if i should put -1 or +1 as screen shot on the program puts [RETARD]
kevint57

Post by kevint57 »

Gernby

Post by Gernby »

If you read the original post, you'll see that the help file is part of the confusion. It shows the adjustment as "Trim (*)", but the screen in 1.1.2.7 shows "Retard (*)"
'06 NFR S2000
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

It should be 'Advance'. ie negative values retard.

This was changed to clear up the compensation tables - some retard, some advance, and in the process the 'Trim' label got changes to 'Retard', whern it should be 'Advance'.
Hondata
tenjjb

Post by tenjjb »

So when you need to retard timing for nitrous this is where you would do it?
Gernby

Post by Gernby »

tenjjb wrote:So when you need to retard timing for nitrous this is where you would do it?
No. The FlashPro doesn't have any functionality for nitrous. Individual cylinder trims are for tuning out knock on certain cylinders that tend to knock more than others. If you want to create a "nitrous safe" tune, then you need to give plenty of fuel in the fuel tables and reduce timing advance in the ignition timing tables.
'06 NFR S2000
csargemg

Re: Individual cylinder ignition trim

Post by csargemg »

Is this going to be fixed in an eventual update? Glad I decided to check this post - I was just about to try to reduce knock in cylinder 3!
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

For which vehicle / FlashPro?
Hondata
csargemg

Post by csargemg »

2007 RDX. It still reads 'Retard' on individual cylinder trim under the ignition category. Using the latest beta. (2.1.3.0)
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Yes, looks like a problem - positive values advance, so the label should be 'Advance'. Have fixed for the next release.
Hondata