FlashProManager V1.1.7.4 (beta)

FlashPro Manager software
ajpturbopittsburgh

Post by ajpturbopittsburgh »

Thanks for trying. But I can open the 1.1.6.7 fine and I don't have to disable antivirus.

But I tried disableing it anyway and it didn't work. I checked my gf's computer which it does work on and checked the file location and they look the same. I have the application and the uninstall and the drivers and data folders

I even uninstalled my AV. But I never had to do that so I shouldn't have to do that for the beta right?

When I double click to open the manager, I get the little circle thing that says my computer is working on opening the program but then goes away and the manager doesn't open.

Did the administrator thing too. No luck
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Are you using 32 or 64 bit Windows?

Uninstall, then re-install by downloading and saving the installation file from http://www.hondata.com/downloads.html. When installing, use 'Run As Administrator'.
Hondata
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Try turning of Data Execution Prevention.

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/windows ... p-windows/
ajpturbopittsburgh

Thanks spunkster I would've tried that but I did a restore system to manufacturer defaults last night and reset my computer. I downloaded and it worked so I guess I had a computer STD. But it's wierd becuase I could download 1.1.6.7 and it would open but the beta wouldn't
Jamal

Post by Jamal »

Using the new version without any problem =)

[ ]'s
Yes, you can spell "performance" with just two letters.

Civic SI Club - Brazil
http://www.siclub.com.br/forum
Hondata
Site Admin

V1.1.7.4

Post by Hondata »

Some minor changes and additions:

V1.1.7.4
• [Civic Si] Added Deatschewerks injector starting calibrations.
• [Civic R18] Added EVAP FTP error test enable/disable (P0451 P0452 P0453 P1454).
• [Civic R18] Added PA vs MAP error test enable/disable (P2227).
• [Civic R18] Added EVAP VSV error test enable/disable (P0498 P0499).
Hondata
Pir8pete

Issues?

Post by Pir8pete »

I notice that with the CT-e s/c .cal stage 2 I'm not able to set the idle rpm under 850? car will stay the same even after I change save and upload?

Also when making a "Valet" .cal are we able to set the speed limiter to 10km if need be for valet?

Here's what I did to make a "Valet" .cal, would this work?
I set the rev limit/recover to 3000rpm and the speed limiter to 10km. Reason I would need such a .cal is I had one of the Honda dealership oil change kids take my car for a spin without asking me, so I would like to avoid this next time w/o having to babysit the car.

Another issue is that the rad fan on and off is 3 point higher then whats actually set, is this normal?
Pir8pete

Re: Issues?

Post by Pir8pete »

Pir8pete wrote:I notice that with the CT-e s/c .cal stage 2 I'm not able to set the idle rpm under 850? car will stay the same even after I change save and upload?

Also when making a "Valet" .cal are we able to set the speed limiter to 10km if need be for valet?

I set the rev limit/recover to 3000rpm and the speed limiter to 10km. Reason I would need such a .cal is I had one of the Honda dealership oil change kids take my car for a spin without asking me, so I would like to avoid this next time w/o having to babysit the car.

Another issue is that the rad fan on and off is 3 point higher then whats actually set, is this normal?
updates, replies?... help?
bluek20z3

Post by bluek20z3 »

hi just downloaded the 1.1.7.4 beta installed it just fine. notice that there were more added tables to the close loop logic. I am trying to mantian a 15.3 in CL but the ecu keeps fighting to keep it at 14.7. I made all the chnges that were needed in th close loop settings and still no changes. This caused my STRM values to go nuts.

attched tune and data log someone please help me.

thanks

setup
Map based tune injen CAI
2008 si US model
Attachments
TUNE 2.O REV1.fpcal
(19.07 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
CRUZ.fpdl
(480.43 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
ajpturbopittsburgh

Pir8pete wrote:
Pir8pete wrote:I notice that with the CT-e s/c .cal stage 2 I'm not able to set the idle rpm under 850? car will stay the same even after I change save and upload?

Hey Pete I think spunkster said in another thread viewtopic.php?t=12186
that the lowest the speed limiter could be set to was about 70 mph and was intended to raise not lower the speed limiter.

I tried to set the rpm to about 3000 to keep the top speed down and to stay out of boost for a valet tune but when I took the car to the dealer it was hard to keep from hitting the rev limiter trying to drive with traffic and I didn't like how abrupt the limiter felt in lower engine speeds.

My old 350Z had a "soft limiter" which was sweet becuase you could hardly feel it activate....It felt like a speed limiter. Is this possible with flashpro?
Pir8pete

Post by Pir8pete »

ajpturbopittsburgh wrote:
Pir8pete wrote:

that the lowest the speed limiter could be set to was about 70 mph and was intended to raise not lower the speed limiter.

I tried to set the rpm to about 3000 to keep the top speed down and to stay out of boost for a valet tune but when I took the car to the dealer it was hard to keep from hitting the rev limiter trying to drive with traffic and I didn't like how abrupt the limiter felt in lower engine speeds.

My old 350Z had a "soft limiter" which was sweet becuase you could hardly feel it activate....It felt like a speed limiter. Is this possible with flashpro?

well if that's true I hope Hondata can make it possible to be lowered in there next version.

Here's why ppl need this; I would set this in-cases were I'm dropping my car of for an oil change or to a Hotel Valet, and they just need to drive within the parking lot. And if they try to pull any test drives they wouldn't be able to. I've already had this happen to me when on the re-flash and I was piss, I caught them red handed so no more do I want to be worried about this, and have to watch my car like a hawk it's annoying and cumbersome.

I will try;

3500 rev limiter
3500 recovery limiter

20km speed limit

This should be enough to drive within a parking lot!
ajpturbopittsburgh

^ Only problem with that is you won't be able to get the speed that low and They can take your car out and hit around 70mph in 6th gear at 3500 rpm.
Pir8pete

Post by Pir8pete »

Pir8pete wrote:
ajpturbopittsburgh wrote:
Pir8pete wrote: updates, replies?... help?

well if that's true I hope Hondata can make it possible to be lowered in there next version.

Here's why ppl need this; I would set this in-cases were I'm dropping my car of for an oil change or to a Hotel Valet, and they just need to drive within the parking lot. And if they try to pull any test drives they wouldn't be able to. I've already had this happen to me when on the re-flash and I was piss, I caught them red handed so no more do I want to be worried about this, and have to watch my car like a hawk it's annoying and cumbersome.

I will try;

3500 rev limiter
3500 recovery limiter

20km speed limit

This should be enough to drive within a parking lot!
Hondata can you address this issues? is it possible to accomplish in your next version?
2point

Post by 2point »

What if this guy pulls out in front of a car and he blames the wreck on a rev limiter at 3000 rpm? It's uncharacteristic of a car to have that. In court you could get screwed. I'd make sure to tell them first, before you hand over the keys so they don't even try to take it out of the lot.

the 350Z soft limiter was like a speed cut and totally F'd your driving. Almost like hitting the brakes. not good if that same feeling happens at 3,000 rpm. I'd prolly set a supercharged car at 4,000 and NA at 4500. I'd want the driver to be able to get out of the way of someone if they had to or not have the rev limiter completely catch them off guard while doing something like turning into oncoming traffic.
2point on 8thcivic
ajpturbopittsburgh

2point wrote:What if this guy pulls out in front of a car and he blames the wreck on a rev limiter at 3000 rpm? It's uncharacteristic of a car to have that. In court you could get screwed. I'd make sure to tell them first, before you hand over the keys so they don't even try to take it out of the lot.

the 350Z soft limiter was like a speed cut and totally F'd your driving. Almost like hitting the brakes. not good if that same feeling happens at 3,000 rpm. I'd prolly set a supercharged car at 4,000 and NA at 4500. I'd want the driver to be able to get out of the way of someone if they had to or not have the rev limiter completely catch them off guard while doing something like turning into oncoming traffic.
I always tell them not to take it. So if they did I'd probably sue them for taking it. And if he pulls out in front of someone and gets rear ended it wouldn't be his fault anyway period. They aren't even supposed to take it off the lot anyway without permission and they are insured as well. So I don't really have to tell them anything. I don't have a license plate on my civic so they can't take it on the road anyway. I own it out right so I don't register it or insure it. If something happens I just pay cash since I have the money to do that. It's cheaper that way.

And no it wasn't like hitting the brakes on the 350Z. I guess you never drove one. It just gently touched the limiter, and didn't affect your driving at all. You are missing the point completely

So you are saying that they need a 7000 rpm rev limiter instead of 3000. You are exactly the reason I would want a speed and rpm limiter. It's likely you would wreck my car once it goes into boost. It's only for experienced drivers.