FlashProManager V1.1.7.4 (beta)

FlashPro Manager software
Pir8pete

Post by Pir8pete »

@Hondata

When tuning the Si I noticed there to be a need for a "Post cranking fuel trim" this would aid in keeping the fuel at a steady 14.7 for the few seconds after a cold start. Could you add this feature in the next beta? I believe kPro may have this.

I notice i'll hover at 15.6 for a bit till the car warms up!
ajpturbopittsburgh

Post by ajpturbopittsburgh »

Pir8pete wrote:@Hondata

Is that a problem? Isn't that better for emmissions? And if it's a bit leaner wouldn't that help get the cats up to temperature? There is no load on the engine at idle so I wouldn't think a 15.6 to be detrimental at idle.
Pir8pete

Post by Pir8pete »

ajpturbopittsburgh wrote:
Pir8pete wrote:@Hondata

Is that a problem? Isn't that better for emmissions? And if it's a bit leaner wouldn't that help get the cats up to temperature? There is no load on the engine at idle so I wouldn't think a 15.6 to be detrimental at idle.
I have no cat, fuk emissions, power is where it's at, I also vent my valve cover and crank to the atmosphere. To pass etest I have my brother-in-law that works at Lexus/Toyoda to hook me up, and if he can't for some reason I use my parents addy and then there not require to etest any car where they live!

As for the lean at cold, I just like things to be spot on. Kpro has it why not give us that option. I'm a smooth operator ;P

and what I need is Hondata to reply!
ajpturbopittsburgh

Have you checked your short term fuel trims while the car is warming up? My tune was good at warm idle but I noticed my a/f to jump around when warming up, I map traced the tune while the car was warming up and changed those areas and the a/f during warm up was a lot more constant.
ajpturbopittsburgh

Hey Pete what about a valet mode using the throttle table? You could set the the 100 percent throttle column to only be 40 percent and so on so that the maximum values anywhere on that table are no more than like 40 or 50 percent.
IcEMoCHa

ECU support

Post by IcEMoCHa »

Dear Hondata,

Do you intend to add support for 37820-RRH-U93 ECU from the Asian FD2 Auto?

They are same as 37820-RRH-U63 that is currently supported by flashpro. Honda changed the code to U93 from U63 after a facelift done to the car in year 2009.

I bought an U63 ECU and swapped my U93 to the U63 ECU for flashpro tuning purposes.

I hope hondata will consider to add support to this ECU for flashpro.

Thanks.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Yes, this will be in the next beta (in around 1 week).
Hondata
Shiv

Lambda Closed Loop lamda target, high and low load

Post by Shiv »

Dear Hondata,

In the "Closed loop lambda targer High Load" and "Low" load
Can you please explain exacly what is the criteria the ecu uses to recogise low and high load?
And is it working?, when i run a data log i cannot make out when the table values are highlighed or not

Thanks
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Interpolation is used with the low and high load tables with a mid point of about 45 kPa. Yes, they work. If you have a problem, then I suggest providing a datalog and explanation of what issue you are seeing.
Hondata
ajpturbopittsburgh

I thought you said the new release was coming out last week? When do you think it will be ready? I'm always anxious to see what new features you will add
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

There is no firm schedule for beta release, since there are so many factors which determine when it is best to release them. At the moment the next beta is probably going to be early April, subject to change.
Hondata
Gernby

Post by Gernby »

Is there any info for the closed loop target lambda settings? I don't see any mention of it in the help file or release notes. I understand the 2 tables for target lambda for low and high load, but what is the 3rd table for target limit? Also, what is the non-tabular value for "Closed loop target lambda" for? Does it override the 3 tables?

Is there any way to create a leaner lambda while cruising without making idle run lean?
'06 NFR S2000
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The online help file was updated with the target closed loop information:
http://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/cl ... meters.htm

The way Honda did this is a little odd - it takes the richest out of the 'Closed loop target lambda', 'Closed loop target lambda limit' and one of the 'Closed loop target lambda load' tables.

You can only control the target lambda by temperature and (two) load settings.
Hondata
scareyourpassenger

Post by scareyourpassenger »

On 1.1.7.4 on windows 7 the obd2 function doesn't seem to work. I had a cel and it showed in fp manager but the actual code wasn't showing.

2007 s2000 USA
Standard toda calibration.

The cell was able to be read using an elm scan device.
Last edited by scareyourpassenger on Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonofmac

Post by jonofmac »

I'd also like to throw in an error report.

in 1.1.7.4 on Windows 7 x64 and 32 bit Windows XP SP 3, I am unable to store the 'back to stock' calibration on the flash pro.

For example, I used to keep my return to stock on my flash pro incase something happens since I keep my flashpro with me in the car, and keep my main tune in the 2nd location.

Before this update, I would simply plug the flash pro into my desktop, and select "Return ECU to Stock" from the online menu, it would load the stock calibration into slot 1. But now, it does not seem to store it. it will show the animation that it loaded the calibration, but doesn't actually change any of the information (it still shows the old calibration in slot 1) and when I go to flash the car, it doesn't actually flash it to stock. It just seems to "go through the process" but without actually writing anything?? It doesn't even seem to load the original tune in slot 1.

To test, I loaded a MAP with vtec at 5k instead of 4.5k to slot one, flashed the car and verified it worked, then changed the tune to my slot 2 tune. I then plugged the flashpro back into my desktop and tried to load stock tune, again it still showed my map tune in slot 1. Went out to the car, and it didn't upload the tune, it took as long as it normally does to flash, but afterwards, it still was running the tune i flashed before.