RTS question

FlashPro Manager software
Post Reply
engjoo
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:00 am

RTS question

Post by engjoo » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:13 pm

I am unable to find answers to this question so I would like to ask again.

Where did the RTS map comes from ?

Is it pre programmed in the factory before flashpro was shipped or was it downloaded from our ECU when the car is locked to it?

skier
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:03 pm

Re: RTS question

Post by skier » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:26 pm


engjoo
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:00 am

Re: RTS question

Post by engjoo » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:50 pm

skier wrote:Ur answer is in this thread

http://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=12586

I am not doubting the integrity of the data.

I want to know the location of this data prior to the execution of RTS. Was it pre stored in the flashpro by Hondata or was this data captured first from our stock ECU (and stored in flashpro) when we first lock the flashpro to the ECU.

sc0rcher
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 12:01 am

Re: RTS question

Post by sc0rcher » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:15 am

For the benefit of all, I guess i'll do a RTS and bring the car back to dealer and ask them why my car run so badly.
I bet they will blame me for flashing the ecu. Don't know if i told them hondata guranteed RTS had the car back to stock map
works anot... Since hondata reps here keep insisting that it is.

engjoo
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:00 am

Re: RTS question

Post by engjoo » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:38 am

sc0rcher wrote:For the benefit of all, I guess i'll do a RTS and bring the car back to dealer and ask them why my car run so badly.
I bet they will blame me for flashing the ecu. Don't know if i told them hondata guranteed RTS had the car back to stock map
works anot... Since hondata reps here keep insisting that it is.
Sounds logical. You should not be telling your dealership about this ! :-)

civicRSA
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:29 am
Location: South Africa
Contact:

Re: RTS question

Post by civicRSA » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:54 am

engjoo wrote:
skier wrote:Ur answer is in this thread

http://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=12586

I am not doubting the integrity of the data.

I want to know the location of this data prior to the execution of RTS. Was it pre stored in the flashpro by Hondata or was this data captured first from our stock ECU (and stored in flashpro) when we first lock the flashpro to the ECU.
I'm not certain and this is mainly a logical explanation. The raw ECU data is downloaded from the ecu in a bin file. Map locations are found within this data by Hondata and through FPM we can easily get access to these tables and we can adjust them to suit our needs. FPM corrects the checksum and we can upload the altered map/bin file.

RTS can only and easily be the original bin file data for that ecu part number, this data will be stored in FPM software.

I could be totally wrong however.

This is how we do it on other vehicle manufactures ecu's. We are just very priviledged to have a great product that hondata has given us to make the tuning of this ecu so much better.

engjoo
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:00 am

Re: RTS question

Post by engjoo » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:31 pm

civicRSA wrote:
engjoo wrote:
skier wrote:Ur answer is in this thread

http://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=12586

I am not doubting the integrity of the data.

I want to know the location of this data prior to the execution of RTS. Was it pre stored in the flashpro by Hondata or was this data captured first from our stock ECU (and stored in flashpro) when we first lock the flashpro to the ECU.
I'm not certain and this is mainly a logical explanation. The raw ECU data is downloaded from the ecu in a bin file. Map locations are found within this data by Hondata and through FPM we can easily get access to these tables and we can adjust them to suit our needs. FPM corrects the checksum and we can upload the altered map/bin file.

RTS can only and easily be the original bin file data for that ecu part number, this data will be stored in FPM software.

I could be totally wrong however.

This is how we do it on other vehicle manufactures ecu's. We are just very priviledged to have a great product that hondata has given us to make the tuning of this ecu so much better.
I believe these factory data is encrypted and Hondata do not have acccess to it, else the Stock Equivalent cal will not feel so much different.

It is unlikely that there was any download of the factory calibration from the ECU to flashpro. The possibilities here are:

1) Hondata preload the binary data they have previously collected from an ECU of the car type onto flashpro and these are uploaded to the ECU during RTS.

2) The ECU contain a ROM where by the factory data is always there for the purpose of recovery. During RTS, flashpro will trigger this recovery process and these data are re-written to the memory whereby it store the operational map the ECU will use.

Post Reply