any Live tune for FK2 ?
unixro

Re: FlashPro Requests

Post by unixro »

Would be nice to be able to save our own mods, for AFM/throttle at least
Vtek

Post by Vtek »

Hondata wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:23 am I do not believe the FK2 has a gear position sensor.
They do have a gear indicstor so i assumed it did, but doesnt the traction control use abs sensors to detect slip?, could it not be implemented it would be an enormous help on the track and on wet days, thanks.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Gear speed display can use the countershaft speed sensor vs engine rpm or it can use a dedicated position sensor (as per the FK8). To find out what the FK2 uses when driving in 3rd depress the clutch and see if the gear display will show 2nd gear or 4th gear if you select those gears without releasing the clutch. Then test at different vehicle speeds and rpm to make sure. If the ECU has to wait until the clutch is released then it cannot do rev matching.
Hondata
Vtek

Post by Vtek »

Revmatching is not an issue its the traction control that we need, i will check with the clutch depressed and get back to you
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Traction control depends in the ABS/VSA/TCS model sends the wheels speeds to the ECU and whether the ECU stores the speeds. 8th gen Civic does not, 9th and 10th gen Civic do. It just depends, and also for vehicles with Honda Sensing the CAN gateway might filter out the wheel speeds.
Hondata
Vtek

Post by Vtek »

Surely the factory traction control uses abs sensors to measure wheelspin just like the hondata TC will it be at least looked at in the near future, ive seen the hondata fuel system has now been supported for fk2 on the latest update, my friend is considering the upgrade but there is no point unless he can put the power down and currently hes already spinning quite a bit, so we would be very grateful if it was incorporated as it woorks really well in my fk8, thanks
Jeremy from Gibraltar
Vtek

Post by Vtek »

Hondata wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:41 pm Gear speed display can use the countershaft speed sensor vs engine rpm or it can use a dedicated position sensor (as per the FK8). To find out what the FK2 uses when driving in 3rd depress the clutch and see if the gear display will show 2nd gear or 4th gear if you select those gears without releasing the clutch. Then test at different vehicle speeds and rpm to make sure. If the ECU has to wait until the clutch is released then it cannot do rev matching.
Checked today and it seems to be the same as the fk8 clutch in and when i go through the gears the number displayed even though i didnt release the clutch,
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Does it have a sensor on the transmission like this?
nps.png
nps.png (9.44 KiB) Viewed 17084 times
Hondata
Vtek

Post by Vtek »

I will check later, does it need that sensor for the traction control?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

No, that is the neutral position sensor.
Hondata
Vtek

Post by Vtek »

Im sorry i dont understand why am i looking for that sensor then, all i want is traction control, dont really care about rev matching
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Ok, sorry about the confusion.
Hondata
Vtek

Post by Vtek »

No problem at all, glad to help any way i can, so is there possibility off getting TC for the FK2 then?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Possibly in the future. We have not determined if the ECU holds the wheel speeds yet.
Hondata