Connecting another O2 A/F Sensor

FlashPro Manager software
Mounty

Connecting another O2 A/F Sensor

Post by Mounty »

Hello Sirs;
i have a few questions about connecting yet another o2 sensor, for On-the-street-tuning/pre-adjustment before going dyno...
I have 2 new, 1 OEM Honda, and 1 Bosch sensor. They are the 'heated' type, so where do i hook them up to regulate the heating/voltage draw so the signal/measurement is not falsified?? They must have 4 poles/wires right?? I have an 07-08 tsx ecu, so i need to go into either B16, B12, B22. Ground will be on the I/M groundscrew.
Thx
Mounty
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Connecting another O2 A/F Sensor

Post by Spunkster »

You cannot just connect a sensor and have it work. They require a controller to work.
Mounty

Post by Mounty »

Yes sir, understand that, and have a PLX controller ordered. I am still stuck as to how to connect it. I have found ELD on Plug "E". So ground it to the t/b, i/m ground?? Thanks for all your help. Spunkster, for all my questions. Good service!!
Regards
Mounty
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you read the information in the help file about installing a wideband?

Details can be found at: https://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/w ... b=wideband
Mounty

Post by Mounty »

Yessir, affirmative. Have it, the wideband helpfile, printed out and laying infront of me. I understand (correctly???) that i need the ELD pin location for the input. Being, in my case, a tsx/euro accord, the E connector on the ECU, Pin E15. OK, roger that... but, why does the 'ECU Connectors' link/help state furthermore the B16/B12/B22 connectors?? I only need one signal to to ecu, none 'from'.. all controlled by the controller?? Sorry sir, for the amount of questions...
Regards
Markus/Mounty
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You can use alternate inputs, depending on what vehicle and ECU you are using this with.
Mounty

Post by Mounty »

Ok, thanks first off!!
One, hopefully last question: which input would you recommend? De/Repinning E15 (ELD) or just Pinning new into one of the B's?? (Unused atm)... the wire set with the plx has 'pins'... i believe you recommend using these/this product??
Again, Regards
Mounty
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It is completely up to you and your preference as to which in put is used. I doubt that PLX supplies ECU pins with their kits. We do recommend using the PLX Devices widebands.
Mounty

Post by Mounty »

Hi Spunkster, just a heads up: If you buy the whole 'kit/set' with the o2 sensor, they send a cable kit along too, and from what it looks like, there are ecu/obdii connector pins included...

Mounty

http://www.plxdevices.com/Wideband-O2-A ... 002726.htm
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Those are only pins to connect to their box, and not to the ECU.
Mounty

Post by Mounty »

I see, yes, to adapt/connect further o2 sensors.. doh.. would you happen to know where ecu pins are sourceable?? I know from oemaruraparts(dotcom) that you have to buy the whole harness, which i need not.
Mounty
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Mounty

Post by Mounty »

Beautiful, Perfect!!! Thank you, Sir!! Ordered myself a small batch.
Be warned: I may have questions during the install....
Mounty/Markus
Mounty

Post by Mounty »

Hello again, Spunkster, Sir. Have been on further 'recon' about connecting the o2 Sensor/Controller. I sifted through the WDM's and found these... from what it looks like, the ELD is hardwired into my ECU, meaning: a) I could cap the wire at the fusebox (out/BLU-BLK or 'x30').... this continues as "Cable 2" across page 3. On Pages 2 and 1, it becomes "Cable 20" which then enters the ECU as "B15" (BLU-BLK).
So, it would be easier for me to use this preinstalled wire, no? I dislike (to the point of hate) electronics/cables/soldering... So for me, being a non electrician, it would cancel the chance of me fubbing up during the 'pinning'. (New pins ordered, not yet arrived)
If you have the time, and interest, please advise the pictures below... you may have to enlarge them a bit, and they may become fuzzy, but you'll get the 'just' of my matters...
Thanks and regards
Markus
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ncjkvcqaeczr ... w_noa?dl=0
Mounty

Post by Mounty »

Hi one and All. PlX DM-6 is installed. have o2, oiltemp, oil press, water temp sensors installed. Placed the gauge in my sungalss 'cubby' atop, by the maplights, along with a killswitch/start button.

Spunkster: Is it possible to change the info in the Helpfile?? Under Wideband/ECU connections it says that pins/connectors B12, B16, B22 and ELD can be used. (07 Acura TSX) I went into B16, then when i went to tell Flashpro manager that it is to take the signal from pin B16, it is not there in the dropdown... Is B16 ONLY for Boost? Could you please expand the helpfile with this info?? I must now go and repin the ecu again... or can you change the setting in FPM for me??

Pictures:
http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp18 ... pujbar.jpg
http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp18 ... outzfy.jpg

Video of starting with key in/start button:
http://vid410.photobucket.com/albums/pp ... vxjtsh.mp4

Mounty