odometer adjustment

FlashPro Manager software
dinoc

odometer adjustment

Post by dinoc »

When using custom gearbox gear ratio in Flashpro Manager you have the option to adjust/correct the speedo.
Will this correct the odometer as well?
Euro Honda Accord CL9
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: odometer adjustment

Post by Spunkster »

What vehicle are you referring to?
dinoc

Post by dinoc »

07 Acura TSX CL9 MT with custom gears (Civic Si gears).
Euro Honda Accord CL9
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I'm sorry, but there is no adjustment for these with the FlashPro on a TSX.
dinoc

Post by dinoc »

No, you do have the speed adjustment option for the TSX (look at the screenshot, please).
This fix the speedo on the dash is that correct?
My question was does this fix the odometer also?
Attachments
FP-TSX_speed-adjusmtent.png
FP-TSX_speed-adjusmtent.png (29.75 KiB) Viewed 7993 times
Euro Honda Accord CL9
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

In short, yes, it should affect the odometer as well as the speedometer. However, the gauge cluster may be designed to over read the speed, so that if you get the speed correct the odometer under reads.
Hondata
dinoc

Post by dinoc »

Hmm :) not sure I understood. I would like to know if I need to use a third party tool (aka Dakota Digital which alters the signal sent to ECU from the speed sensor) to correct my odometer as well (along with a speedometer) or Flashpro can do both (so I won't need a third party tool)?
Euro Honda Accord CL9
0720steve

Post by 0720steve »

id like to bump this thread and continue the question.

i have a 2008 civic si and am facing the same issue. i upgraded the trans and consequently the 3rd gear tooth count is different. i have already plugged in my new gear ratios and tooth count and made adjustments to the speed adjustment dash field, and now my dash mph reads correctly, however the odometer is not going up accurately. is this corrected by changing the speed adjustment ecu field?
dinoc

Post by dinoc »

That is why I'm using the Dakota Digital tool, the Flashpro can not adjust the odometer as well.
Euro Honda Accord CL9
0720steve

Post by 0720steve »

is that across platforms? what is the difference between speed adjustment (ecu), and speed adjustment (dash)?
dinoc

Post by dinoc »

I believe so.
The signal comes from the third gear, then to Dakota Digital SGI-5 which alters the signal and send it to the ECU and dash (if I recall correctly). Read the manual of the tool is explained there.

The Flashpro seems to have a different approach by altering only the speedo and not the odometer.
Euro Honda Accord CL9
dinoc

Post by dinoc »

@Hondata, can you help please understand the following issue?

I've noticed the following situation which is not clear to me:
- I was using a third party tool (Dakota Digital) to alter the signal from the transmission sensor to the ECU, basically the tool was inserted between the transmission sensor and the ECU like this:

[transmission sensor] ---[signal alteration tool] ----> [ECU] , and did the adjustments of the speed to match the GPS.

However I've noticed in the FlashPro logs and also on the Hondata Android application, the VSS speed shown was not the same with the one from the dash anymore, and I don't understand why?
For instant speed on the dash shown was 100km/h (same as GPS) but the VSS sensor from FlashPro shown 96km/h) and I don't understand why?

So if the ECU receives altered signal from the tool and is able to correct further the speed on the dash why in the logs the VSS appears different?

Where is the VSS being read from by FP? FP is connected to OBD, so it looks to me the VSS signal from the sensor reaches the OBD without being altered? Is there a separate circuit, because I've thought is being read from the ECU as well?

I'm a little confused, can you guys help me understand this, please?
Euro Honda Accord CL9
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

It appears that your dash is designed to over read the speed.
Hondata
dinoc

Post by dinoc »

Thank you for the response. So I guess nothing can be done on this matter.

Do you know by any chance how the fuel consumption calculation and mileage (odometer) is being computed?
Is it based on the OBD speed or based on the dash speed?
I'm asking this because I'm curios to see if the fuel consumption and mileage is being calculated correctly (as the dash speed is the same with the GPS speed but higher than the one reported on the OBD (VSS sensor)) or is calculated based on the OBD (VSS) speed?

Thank you for your input!
Euro Honda Accord CL9