FlashPro driver won't start after Windows 10 update

FlashPro Manager software
Gernby

FlashPro driver won't start after Windows 10 update

Post by Gernby »

Windows just did an automatic update on my laptop, which took a long time, and included noticeable "enhancements". I assume it was a major new service release.

The first time I ran FPM after the update, I got a message saying the drivers were not installed, and that I needed to run FPM again as administrator to reinstall them.

I did that, and FPM said the driver was fixed. However, when I plug in the FlashPro, the driver fails to start. That usually requires me to unplug / replug the FlashPro several times until it eventually starts. However, now it won't start at all, no matter how many times I unplug it.
'06 NFR S2000
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: FlashPro driver won't start after Windows 10 update

Post by Hondata »

Go you go to your update history and list the updates that were installed. We'll check the same updates on our W10 PC work.
Look in device manager and see what it says about the FlashPro. Also check that an 'Extensible USB Host Controller' is installed, especially if using USB3 ports.
Hondata
Gernby

Post by Gernby »

After letting the laptop sit for an hour (still turned on with FPM running), I decided to try plugging / unplugging it a few more times while sitting at a stop light. To my surprise, it connected normally the first try. It makes me wonder what minimum number of seconds the FlashPro needs to remain disconnected before Windows fully terminates the failed driver session.
'06 NFR S2000
Gernby

Post by Gernby »

The only thing I see in my update history is the big one from yesterday:
"Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607", which also seems to be called "Windows 10 Anniversary Update"

I do have USB3 ports, but they are low current ports.

Here is what it showed before it started working again, which is also what it usually says whenever it fails to connect.

'06 NFR S2000
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

I'd like to know what 'Device Migrated' does, but I doubt MS will say.

Unplug the FlashPro. Uninstall the USB driver from the Device Manager, with the option to remove the device drivers, then plug back in the FlashPro and let Windows reinstall the drivers. If given the choice install from the FlashProManager directory.
Hondata
Gernby

Post by Gernby »

Gernby wrote:After letting the laptop sit for an hour (still turned on with FPM running), I decided to try plugging / unplugging it a few more times while sitting at a stop light. To my surprise, it connected normally the first try. It makes me wonder what minimum number of seconds the FlashPro needs to remain disconnected before Windows fully terminates the failed driver session.
Did you see this post?
'06 NFR S2000
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Yes, I read the post, but in my research many people had to reinstall USB drivers afters the Windows 10 Anniversary update.
Hondata
Gernby

Post by Gernby »

Oh, okay. I actually did try uninstalling the driver (with the delete option) before I posted the thread. However, I don't remember if I did that before or after taking the screen shots above.
'06 NFR S2000
deibral

Post by deibral »

I had the same problem wifh Flashpro after updating to W10. Few cables checked, 2 different FPM driveres checked, every possible USB driver checked, no conflicts, no errors. But nothing worked. Every time I wanted Flashpro to be recognized by the system, I had to unplug it and plug it 20-30 times with no real pattern. This is some serious problem with W10 and Flashpro Manager.

Didn't find a solution, lost my patience and after 3 months downgraded to W7. That made the same Flashpro work again.