Gear Ratio Calibration Problems!

FlashPro Manager software
zurc_navoj

Gear Ratio Calibration Problems!

Post by zurc_navoj »

Hi,

After entering gear ratios for my after market Mfactory Gearset. VSS speed and Shift signals are not right. I have entered all the info the best of my knowledge from gearset specs. I re-count teeth to make sure gear ratios are OK. Mfactory Gearset: 1st 2.313, 2nd 1.65, 3rd 1.304, 4th 1.08, 5th .958 & original 6th .651. Final drive is from RSX 04' 4.38. Even putting all this info i have not being able to make work properly. Most important for my is the shift signal without that I can not have a reliable Boost By Gear! Help Please. Attach a datalog from my last time at the track.
Attachments
121mph pass datalog.fpdl
Drag race track Datalog 121mph.
(754.63 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Gear Ratio Calibration Problems!

Post by Spunkster »

What vehicle are you referring to?
zurc_navoj

Post by zurc_navoj »

Civic Si 2008.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

post the calibration associated with that datalog.
Hyudryu

Post by Hyudryu »

zurc_navoj wrote:Hi,

After entering gear ratios for my after market Mfactory Gearset. VSS speed and Shift signals are not right. I have entered all the info the best of my knowledge from gearset specs. I re-count teeth to make sure gear ratios are OK. Mfactory Gearset: 1st 2.313, 2nd 1.65, 3rd 1.304, 4th 1.08, 5th .958 & original 6th .651. Final drive is from RSX 04' 4.38. Even putting all this info i have not being able to make work properly. Most important for my is the shift signal without that I can not have a reliable Boost By Gear! Help Please. Attach a datalog from my last time at the track.
I have the same gears on my 9th gen SI (gearx 1-4). With our transmissions, the speed is off because your 3rd gear ratio is different from OEM, and that's what the speed sensor uses to determine vehicle speed. What I did was I installed a Dakota converter box: http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/ ... prd126.htm
This basically corrects your speed sensor's signal and sends it to your dash/ecu. After you install it, just set it to around 1.62 and your speed will be correct again.
zurc_navoj

Post by zurc_navoj »

Hyudryu wrote:

After entering gear ratios for my after market Mfactory Gearset. VSS speed and Shift signals are not right. I have entered all the info the best of my knowledge from gearset specs. I re-count teeth to make sure gear ratios are OK. Mfactory Gearset: 1st 2.313, 2nd 1.65, 3rd 1.304, 4th 1.08, 5th .958 & original 6th .651. Final drive is from RSX 04' 4.38. Even putting all this info i have not being able to make work properly. Most important for my is the shift signal without that I can not have a reliable Boost By Gear! Help Please. Attach a datalog from my l

I have the same gears on my 9th gen SI (gearx 1-4). With our transmissions, the speed is off because your 3rd gear ratio is different from OEM, and that's what the speed sensor uses to determine vehicle speed. What I did was I installed a Dakota converter box: http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/ ... prd126.htm
This basically corrects your speed sensor's signal and sends it to your dash/ecu. After you install it, just set it to around 1.62 and your speed will be correct again.
Thank you Man! Were you able to use boost by gear after install the converter?
zurc_navoj

Post by zurc_navoj »

Spunkster wrote:post the calibration associated with that datalog.
I forgot about this... i will uploaded tonight.
Hyudryu

Post by Hyudryu »

zurc_navoj wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:15 pm
Hyudryu wrote:

After entering gear ratios for my after market Mfactory Gearset. VSS speed and Shift signals are not right. I have entered all the info the best of my knowledge from gearset specs. I re-count teeth to make sure gear ratios are OK. Mfactory Gearset: 1st 2.313, 2nd 1.65, 3rd 1.304, 4th 1.08, 5th .958 & original 6th .651. Final drive is from RSX 04' 4.38. Even putting all this info i have not being able to make work properly. Most important for my is the shift signal without that I can not have a reliable Boost By Gear! Help Please. Attach a datalog from my l

Thank you Man! Were you able to use boost by gear after install the converter?
We don't have boost by gear on the 9th gen platform.