Overrun Injector Restart RPM (CUT)

FlashPro Manager software
D33@+H-Kn1gH+

Overrun Injector Restart RPM (CUT)

Post by D33@+H-Kn1gH+ »

In the help file I can see that the injectors switch off when the engine speed is higher than the cut table, and switch on again when the engine speed is below the recover table. What I don't understand is if the injectors still operate on overrun if the RPM is lower than the cut table's specific RPM before hitting the "recover point"
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Overrun Injector Restart RPM (CUT)

Post by Spunkster »

I don't understand what you mean. The RPM cannot be lower than the recovery point, but not have hit the recovery point and still be in cutoff. If it is lower than the recovery point then it will no longer be in cutoff.
D33@+H-Kn1gH+

Post by D33@+H-Kn1gH+ »

Spunkster wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:53 am I don't understand what you mean. The RPM cannot be lower than the recovery point, but not have hit the recovery point and still be in cutoff. If it is lower than the recovery point then it will no longer be in cutoff.
I will try to explain it better. If I accelerate and let go of the throttle before I hit the cut point (for example I am at 1200 rpm and the cut point is at 2100 rpm but I let go of the throttle at 1800 rpm) will the injectors still be working as I haven't reached the cut off point yet? Because according to the help file the injectors cut off after the specified cut off rpm and they stay off while decelerating until the recovery table kicks in but what happens in case that specified cut off rpm hasn't been reached and overrun occurs in the same window that the injectors were off before until the recovery point was reached?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

They will not cut if the limit has not been reached.
shind3

Post by shind3 »

The help file is already very clear about this.
The restart rpm determines at what engine speed the fuel injectors will restart operation. There are two tables to set a hysteresis - the injectors will be switched off when the engine speed is higher than the cut table, and switched on again when the engine speed is below the recover table.
But the table naming could be more intuitive to n00bs if it said the following.

(Cut Above)

(Recover Below)