Flashpro Manager for Mac

FlashPro Manager software
golfismylife66

Flashpro Manager for Mac

Post by golfismylife66 »

Hello,

Is there a way to run flashpro manager on a mac without needing some windows plug in? I understand that there are ways to designate a portion of your HD to run windows, but I would prefer not to do this. The only threads on this forum ( and off) where I can find any information on this are severely outdated. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Flashpro Manager for Mac

Post by Spunkster »

It will only run under Windows. You have to use Parallels or bootcamp.
highdesert03

Post by highdesert03 »

Parallels will allow MAC users to use any Windows based programs. You'll need to buy it and install both Parallels and Windows. Currently, Parallels can be purchased for $79 USD and the download includes Windows 10. Windows 10 will require activation so you'll need to either already have a licensed copy, with a valid product key, or purchase it too. After you have both on your MAC you'll have the ability to use Flashpro on Windows.
BitGid

Post by BitGid »

Flashpro is not compatible with Mac. If you own a Mac and want to use Flashpro you will need to do a dual boot on your Mac. Dual boot means your Mac will run your Mac operating system on one partition of your hard drive and will run Windows on the other partition.
machonda

Post by machonda »

You don't need to dual boot or buy Parallels (although these are good solutions that will work). The free way to do this is to use Virtualbox and install the Windows ISO that's made available for free by Microsoft (https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/w ... l-machines) for developers (or any of the Windows ISOs they provide). No need to register Windows or anything; it does expire, but you can use it for what you need and just get it again in the future if you need it again.

I came on this forum hoping Hondata provided a Mac version of their software. Since they don't, I hope this post helps someone.
LoRdMuD

Post by LoRdMuD »

I tried using parallels but could not get the flash pro to work properly. I did successfully install the hondata flash pro software but when I actually connect the flash pro, it starts to behave strangely. Instead of loading the flashpro once, it seems to try to load it repeatedly and gets stuck in a loop.

I am trying this on an M1 Max Macbook pro.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Apple, in their infinite wisdom, emulates the intel application code to run on the ARM processor but chooses not to emulate the USB drivers for some reason.
Hondata
Rares

Post by Rares »

I use VMware Fusion and its works decent.
aqeelrizni

Post by aqeelrizni »

Hi I'm having trouble running Smanager on VM Fusion on my Macbook. Any advice? ECU went to limp mode and it's not communicating with the ECU
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Try using a computer that runs Windows natively, and is not a Mac.
aqeelrizni

Post by aqeelrizni »

Thank you!
Issue resolved. Yes kept trying on my Macbook running VMware Fusion. Used a USB 2.0 hub kept playing around with the drivers, re-installed and all green ticks. Car is out of limp mode and ready to tune