Usb Driver Update (Error:T)

FlashPro Manager software
Yungtempo

Usb Driver Update (Error:T)

Post by Yungtempo »

I have been having connectivity issues with my Flashpro. When I try to connect it to my car the power light comes on for a few seconds then turns back off. When I try to do it while connected to my laptop everything but the ECU is checked and still will not connect. I read online that it could be my USB driver and tried updating it but I get a message saying "Error setting up inf file (Error:T). I have been trying to figure out this issue for months so any input would be appreciated.
Yungtempo

Re: Usb Driver Update (Error:T)

Post by Yungtempo »

I forgot to include that I am using flashpro manager 3.1.5.0 on a 2009 Civic SI.The connectivity problem has existed with all previous versions of flash pro as well. Another odd thing is that even though flashpro manager does not show that it is connecting to my ecu, my flashpro history shows that it was connected to my car today. So it is clearly picking up my ECU But for whatever reason it does not fully connect to the flashpro.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

If FlashProManager show a check next to the FlashPro then the USB is working and you don't need to update the USB driver.

Check the pins in the FlashPro OBDII connector and check that none are bent. If that is ok then check the vehicle OBDII connector for any contacts which have been pushed in. If that is ok then check the fuse (Fuse 23 under hood).
Hondata
Yungtempo

Post by Yungtempo »

Damn there wasn't a fuse in slot 23 and I put one in but I'm still having the same issue. All of the connectors look fine too. I can hook my OBDII scanner and it gets power fine. Are there any other possibilities? I'm trying to avoid sending in my ECU for testing and be without a car for a while.
Yungtempo

Post by Yungtempo »

Also when I have the key to the I'm position and plug in my flash pro the chiming stops and my coolant temp gauge turns grey and if my car is started the VSA light and Traction control light stay on and I even get a check engine light for the display losing connection. Without the flash pro connected everything in my car functions perfectly. Even the tune I previously uploaded runs good. Sorry for posting about this issue again but I though I wad on to something when I got that error message on flash pro manager.
Yungtempo

Post by Yungtempo »

Sorry to posting so many times in a row but I just figured something out. I read online that sometimes the data cable comes unplugged from the flash pro and to try opening it to check the connections. Well I opened it and tried connecting the data cable without being attached to the flash pro and it still did the same exact thing. I guess something with how the pins stick out compared to a normal data cable makes it act differently. Tell me if I'm wrong but it seems like this narrows it down to the OBD port. Unless the wiring in the data cable Is screwed up causing it to arch inside or something along those lines since I don't see how connecting a cable with no power to it could cause this. Is there any easy way to get to the back of the port to check the wiring and pins? I've tried before and ended up taking my whole dash apart and still did not have room to get to the wiring.