Replacing a Damaged ECU

FlashPro Manager software
SeanHealy

Replacing a Damaged ECU

Post by SeanHealy »

Hi guys,

FYI: 2007 Civic Fg2

I was being dumb and accidentally sent 12V power from the car battery to the ECU. turns out I fried an important part of the ECU because the car will turn over, but will not ignite the fuel. I decided to buy a used ECU online and I plan to have a Honda dealership program it with my VIN. My question is, will the dealership reprogram it exactly so that my flashpro will connect to the ECU? I tried to unlock the flashpro from the ECU just in case, but the ECU is not able to be flashed. Basically, does anyone know if they honda dealer will make the new ECU EXACTLY the same as the old one, or will I have to send Hondata my flashpro and ECU (In this case I need to make sure they don't take the old ECU... they shouldn't).

Sorry if this was already posted, I looked around a bit but didn't come up with any specific answers.
Thanks a million!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Replacing a Damaged ECU

Post by Spunkster »

What is your FlashPro serial number?

If you cannot return to stock and unlock it then you will need to make sure that you keep the original ECU that the FlashPro is locked to and it along with the FlashPro will have to be sent to use to be unlocked.

Send an email to support <at> Hondata.com with the following and I will issue an RMA and give you further
instructions:

Name:
Address:
Phone:
Email:
Serial#:

Include a link to this thread.
SeanHealy

Re: Replacing a Damaged ECU

Post by SeanHealy »

Thank you, I just sent an email.