Reflash ecu with flashpro map and now car won't start

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2009 (US, UK, Asia) S2000
Kansayvue

Reflash ecu with flashpro map and now car won't start

Post by Kansayvue »

Hey guys, a newbie here. We'll I've just setup my new turbo kit and top all the fluids. I've was told by my tuner to load a pre-map from the flashpro to my 06 s2. Install the newest software and driver in my laptop. Plug in the flashpro and was prompt for an update, let that finish and proceed with registration of flashpro. After it was done, now I loaded the pre map with the 1000cc map. Waited for it to finished and verify that it finished and uploaded fine even heard a relay click and fuel pump restarted. Now I cycle the keys and tried to start the car and it just turns but won't start. I'm been going at it for the last 4 hours and I'm stuck on what's going on. All the check boxes on the bottom left are check. Tried and restored it back to default stock with same output. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Jun43

Re: Reflash ecu with flashpro map and now car won't start

Post by Jun43 »

is the base map made for that exact injectors if not then you need to adjust it for that
Kansayvue

Post by Kansayvue »

Jun43 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:42 am is the base map made for that exact injectors if not then you need to adjust it for that
Yes, I did adjust it for that and ten try the default again. It hard to crank over it and eventually it'll crank. I get a p0301 error and it runs rough now.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

It hard to crank over it and eventually it'll crank
Cranking = when the starter motor turns the engine over
Starting = when the engine fires and runs on its own

It is not the reflashing process.

Stop and check the engine grounds are good, and that the master wiring ground on the intake manifold is making good contact.

Then check that all the sensors are plugged in and that the MAP sensor is reading manifold pressure correctly (is it still stock?)

Provide the calibration and a datalog if you can.

If you still have trouble I would switch back to the stock injectors and stock MAP sensor until you find the problem.
Hondata
Kansayvue

Post by Kansayvue »

Hondata wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:50 am
It hard to crank over it and eventually it'll crank
Cranking = when the starter motor turns the engine over
Starting = when the engine fires and runs on its own

It is not the reflashing process.

Stop and check the engine grounds are good, and that the master wiring ground on the intake manifold is making good contact.

Then check that all the sensors are plugged in and that the MAP sensor is reading manifold pressure correctly (is it still stock?)

Provide the calibration and a datalog if you can.

If you still have trouble I would switch back to the stock injectors and stock MAP sensor until you find the problem.
Everything was working yesterday morning with no issues. After installing the turbo kit and reflash the ecu to the 1000cc base map then that's when the issue started. I tied it again this morning with the stock with tune option and was able to start the car but gave me a misfire on cyclinder 1. Recheck the injectors and plugs and added new spark plug to it. It idle fines until I give it gas and it'll choke and stop. It takes maybe 4 to 5 time b4 it starts and run. I decided to take it to a local tuner shop where I'm going to tune the car so we'll see what he can do and fine.