Coil Pack Retrofit

Hondata CPR (Coil Pack Retrofit) support
Garage808Si

Re: Coil Pack Retrofit

Post by Garage808Si »

Hondata wrote:You can place the CPR anywhere near the ECU, including on it.
Perfect! Thanks for confirming that.
mike93civic

Post by mike93civic »

I read that you can only use this with the S300 ecu. I opted for the S200 thinking I wouldn't need real-time tunability. Are there any modifications I can do, perhaps by sending it back to you for a software/hardware upgrade to bring it up to specs that would be needed to run the CPR? Or do I need to bite the bullet, and purchase a brand new S300 unit?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You would need to upgrade to the s300.

http://www.hondata.com/s300upgradeform.html
Greg Amy

Post by Greg Amy »

Anyone make an inexpensive, clean, sealed cover for the distributor for CPR? I like the CNC one posted in the forum earlier, but this is for a race car so I'm not worried about "bling" ("inexpensive" being the key word).

It doesn't get any more inexpensive than a used disty cap, but it would be nice to have something slightly nicer than that.

Thanks!
locash

Post by locash »

I have the machined caps with an anodized black finish, for that non-bling look. :)
Locash Racing, LLC
Hondata Sales and Tuning
Dynapack 4000 2wd Dyno
In-Shop CNC Machining and Product Manufacturing
Greg Amy

Post by Greg Amy »

Yup, love those caps, very nice work. But I'm a racer, ergo "cheap"... ;) Unless you want to swap one for your sticker on the side of the car... LOL!
ace_dc2

Post by ace_dc2 »

Is possible to degree induvidual cylinder timing with CPR? Example... Cylinder 3 always have more heat etc etc... Can i remove one degree at cylinder 3 with CPR?
100% HONDARRIKAN
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No, only individual cylinder fuel trims can be adjusted.
ace_dc2

Post by ace_dc2 »

Spunkster wrote:No, only individual cylinder fuel trims can be adjusted.
Ok, thanks !
100% HONDARRIKAN
tim1989

Post by tim1989 »

I just installed this and so far I like it. My car cranks over pretty quickly, the idle seems like it may have even gotten a hair better. I did solder all connections, and put new plugs, coil packs, and added an extra ground straight from the battery to the engine block.

My concerns. This is called a "race product". My car is a daily driver, and I just haven't been having good luck with distributors, or really the ICMs and coils. Should I be able to trust this, or is it only really good for so long, like some "race" products? I get it may crank a bit longer, it may not pass emissions, litigation stuff, but getting straight to the point...do I need to practice swapping my distributor back in so I can do it on the side of the road?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The only downside for a non-race car is that it takes longer to crank.
Hondata
tim1989

Post by tim1989 »

Thanks that answers my question. So far, only the initial startup took a while, since then it takes a second or two, and it starts.

All s300 is missing is support for a cam trigger and a second set of injectors.
FreshDA9

Post by FreshDA9 »

First time experience with the CPR is a mixed review.

I would like to see
  • 1. a better detailed instruction manual that is readable, the print was small and pictures were unclear.

2. Could we add the CPR help file into the Smanager help file for simple look up?

3. Could we get a solid pinout diagram like with the PWM boost controller or Nitrous that you have documented?
Now I'm not bashing the product. The D series coils are holding strong and the car fires right up. The small delay is no issue and greatly reported to the customers and I haven't had a customer complain of the starting factor. This is a solid unit and the only problems I seen were the ones I listed.

Thank You
EFI-101 & Advanced Certified*
FreshDA9

Post by FreshDA9 »

I may have spoke to soon. I now see you guys updated a wiring schematic in the CPR help file.
EFI-101 & Advanced Certified*
Sirrob

Post by Sirrob »

Hi guys, am currently in the process for purchasing an s300 and CPR retrofit and noticed that it sais I need a us ecu. I'm in Australia and have a jdm eg6 what will I need to do to make it all work?