Another CPR thread, HELP!

Hondata CPR (Coil Pack Retrofit) support
NextEpisodeGarage

Another CPR thread, HELP!

Post by NextEpisodeGarage »

Hey Guys,

I have a CPR issue. I’ve been reading through everyone’s threads and decided to see if any of you could help with my issue. I’m running a milspec harness for the CPR setup (I know, the problem is more than likely in this, but it’s what I’m running). The CPR green light will come on, the red light flashes as it should during its intervals, but my issue is with the SYNC light (as most people seem to have). I activated everything that needed to be check off in the software, but I think the wiring may be messed up for the A21/A22 areas, so I have attached the below photos to see if any of it will help you guys. I put a stock distributor setup on the car and still no crank, I’ll be checking to make sure it has spark today as well from the stock setup. The odd thing is that everyone once in awhile the sync light will come on (not as it should in ¼ intervals to the IGN), but it does not do this every time it cranks (it usually does not come on at all)…………which leads me to believe there may be a grounding issue.

I cannot get the company that made the harness to contact me which has been frustrating. The car is a 1999 civic SI with an h2b turbo setup in it.

Any thoughts?

Plug "A" (top) (you can see that A21 is empty and A22 is a yellow/green wire, (per the CPR instructions.)

Plug "A" (bottom)

Distributor Plugs

Coil Packs

Coil Pack harness and Distributor Setup
Last edited by NextEpisodeGarage on Tue May 20, 2014 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
NextEpisodeGarage

Re: Another CPR thread, HELP!

Wiring of the CPR box and the ECU:

Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Who made this milspec harness?

Why are you using scotch locks?
NextEpisodeGarage

Spunkster wrote:Who made this milspec harness?

Why are you using scotch locks?
The scotch lock was for only one wire, and that was just for the fuel pump until my wire guy gets here tomorrow. Harness is made by ChaseBays, I spoke with him this morning, maybe he'll chime in on here.
NextEpisodeGarage

Any guidance from hondata?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Most likely it is the harness. We have see many problems with custom harnesses as they eliminate some of the grounds that we designed in to the harness we provide.
NextEpisodeGarage

I'd like to start out by giving a major thanks to Johnny Adams (my tuner) and Matt from Hondata for working together to fix my car. As stated in my original post, the culprit was indeed the shit harness made by Chasebays (no wonder the Honda community as a whole has turned their back on that company).

Chase and his crew were of ZERO help in the process and blamed the issue on Hondata, while after further investigation, the harness was complete garbage.

Enough of the rant, the car is running flawlessly (from an ignition stand point), and I'd highly recommend this product for anyone to use, WITH A FACTORY HONDA WIRING HARNESS!!!!

--Ryan Colby
Next Episode Garage
B18CR-X

Post by B18CR-X »

hi,
I was about to buy the COP kit until I saw this post...
im using chasebays engine harness so does this mean your COP kit wont work with my car?

My car starts and runs fine with OEM dizzy/coil and plugs
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It is not the CPR kit that is at fault, it was the way the aftermarket harness was made that caused the issue.