CPR Hard Start, back fires, and random misfire

Hondata CPR (Coil Pack Retrofit) support
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: CPR Hard Start, back fires, and random misfire

Post by Spunkster »

Yes they had similar issues. I know Locash Racing has told us of these issues.
crucian

Post by crucian »

I've complained over and over about this, and so have others, and all I got was that the problem is not the product. So now that Locash is saying the same thing you guys now listen. That is absolutely not fair to the customer. I've swapped ecu after ecu and the random misfire is still happening. 2 different CPRs and 3 different ecus. Can you guys please come up with a fix to the problem or at least let us know that you are working on a solution? Was looking foward to getting that new Hondata injector driver that's in the making but how can I if I can't even get the CPR to work properly?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We can't fix a weak signal from the ECU, electrical noise or the distributor occasionally missing pulses, so the process is usually one of elimination. We can test the CPR in one of our cars if you would like.
The information from Locash was that in some cases either the distributor or ECU or both were at fault. We've noticed that non OEM distributors cause problems whereas OEM usually don't.
Hondata
crucian

Post by crucian »

Hondata, what wiring harness are you using? What is the number stamped on the board for you ECU? What distributor are you running? Just asking because everyone's CPR works on your car. I'm willing to try anything to get my car running right.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Stock wiring harness, stock distributor, ECU is a P72.
Hondata