CPR not getting sync light

Hondata CPR (Coil Pack Retrofit) support
Bigmac_87

CPR not getting sync light

Post by Bigmac_87 »

Help please! I have been running the CPR kit for the past year with no issues. Wired in and worked first time. I have since stripped the car for a full respray and reinstalled it. I am having a problem where I am getting power and ignition but no sync. Cranking over and sync doesn't flash but ignition does and I cannot get any signal or voltage from pin A16. Should I be seeing volts here? Could it be a faulty transistor in Q37 or is that unlikely? I am getting all good readings from all wiring apart from this pin and have good earths. I am also getting a solid CEL code when the plug has the jumper in. Any advice on this would be great. Thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: CPR not getting sync light

Post by Spunkster »

What engine harness are you using?
Bigmac_87

Post by Bigmac_87 »

To be honest I'm not sure it has the one distributor plug if that helps at all? I got the dash and engine loom together a few years ago
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If it was working prior to taking it all out, I would suspect a broken or damaged wire. These harnesses are getting close to 20 years old or older now and they become brittle, especially with the temperatures in the engine bay.
Bigmac_87

Post by Bigmac_87 »

Yeah I know what u mean and I had the same thought. I have pinned out as much of the harness as possible and are coming back with the right values. has transistors gave out very often from your experience. It's weird because it started out where I turn the ignition on and the CEL light goes off after the pumps primed as normal. but had no spark but did have the sync light. Then managed to get the ignition red light working. Then CEL is now constantly on and reads no CEL codes apart from constant yellow and now can't get sync. I'm gonna search for a break. I cannot think of anything else it can be :/
Bigmac_87

Post by Bigmac_87 »

Quick question... Is the CPR control box available to buy seperately from one of your dealers in the uk? Not saying it is that but just curious.
Thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No, it is not sold separately. You may be able to contact CPL Racing in the UK and see if they know of someone locally that can let you test your box in their car, or send it to CPL Racing for them to test. Most problems with the CPR are wiring related. IF you are attempting to tuck the harness that is the most likely cause of problems.