UKDM CL9 Flashpro green canbus connector???

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2008 US TSX
K_A_N_O

UKDM CL9 Flashpro green canbus connector???

Post by K_A_N_O »

thought i would update thios thread rather than starting a new one

i couldnt find the green plug indicated in this link as on page two
http://hondata.com/downloads/04-06_flas ... nstall.pdf

so today i got busy with my multi meter and found where the CAN BUS links up

heres the CAN BUS on the ecu plug which can clearly be seen as the red and white wires which is twin core sheiled cable.

i buzzed those through and under the steering wheel on the right there are a bunch of CAN BUS connectors. the grey plug at the back in this pic

so if your retro fitting the tsx ecu and need to install the adapter harness you can plug and play into that :)

this is on my UKDM european CL9

hope that helps
Last edited by K_A_N_O on Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
05 UKDM CL9 Accord.
K_A_N_O

Re: AUDM CL9 Flashpro green canbus connector

Post by K_A_N_O »

anyone?
05 UKDM CL9 Accord.
Zoro2006

Post by Zoro2006 »

if you can't find green connector just solder to wires directly to ECU E connector:

11 - CAN High ---> goes to OBD2 pin 6 (Hondata harness white wire)
24 - CAN Low ---> goes to OBD2 pin 14 (Hondata harness red wire)
Known as Vaikis_
K_A_N_O

Post by K_A_N_O »

Thanks for the info. I did see your reply on the other thread.
Yea I'll think I'll just take the wires from the back of The ecu to the obd2 plug.
Makes it easier aswell I suppose :-)
05 UKDM CL9 Accord.
K_A_N_O

Re: UKDM CL9 Flashpro green canbus connector???

Post by K_A_N_O »

edited thread

hope this info helps everyone.

no soldering needed if you buy the hondata harness.
05 UKDM CL9 Accord.
beaugus

Post by beaugus »

Thanks for the update K_A_N_O,

I'll be referring to this post when my ECU and Flashpro unit arrives (hopefully within the next week)

Just a quick question though, did you solder any wiring into the ECU-side CAN connector or did you use the Hondata specific harness and as per your photo, have you just wired the two red and white wires into an available CAN adaptor found under the steering colum as per pic 2?

I'm just slightly confused as to how you have actually wired the CAN communication wires from/to the ECU if you were using the Hondata CAN harness for your installation.

My initial thought was after looking at your pictures and reading what you've mentioned was that you located the CAN adaptor on the ECU side which has the two wires needed for the flashpro to be able to communicate via the OBD2 port, using a multimeter you located the CAN specific wires underneath your steering column via the grey plug and somehow you've tapped into these wires here?

Would you happen to have a photo of your finished wiring installation by any chance just for reference? This is probably how I'll end up wiring it in myself but just want to confirm how you've done your install.

Thanks for keeping us updated.
K_A_N_O

Post by K_A_N_O »

Sorry I might not of made that completely clear.

I havnt installed the hondata adapter harness yet. As I couldn't find the green connector like on the tsx.

I was only finding out where I needed to plug it into.

As my flashpro hasnt arrived yet.

I have not soldered anything the pictures just show what is already there.

I will post pics up when my flashpro arrives
05 UKDM CL9 Accord.
dean nz

Post by dean nz »

Hi KANO,

Do either of you guys have the UKDM wiring diagram for the ECU ?, specifically the E Connector ?
Reason I ask is I am trying to do the same (fit Flash Pro), BUT to a JDM CM2 down here in New Zealand.

The wiring of the E Connector is very different to the UDSM TSX ECU that I will replace the stock ECU with to get the Flash pro to work.
So was hoping to see if the UK or ??, if someone has the JDM ?? what the wiring was like, so I could possibly match the wiring etc....
Could you post or send me a picture showing the wiring colours/location that come out the back of you ECU E Connector and I will check to see if they are the same ?
Happy to do the same your way....

Cheers Dean
K_A_N_O

Post by K_A_N_O »

dean nz wrote:Hi KANO,

Do either of you guys have the UKDM wiring diagram for the ECU ?, specifically the E Connector ?
Reason I ask is I am trying to do the same (fit Flash Pro), BUT to a JDM CM2 down here in New Zealand.

The wiring of the E Connector is very different to the UDSM TSX ECU that I will replace the stock ECU with to get the Flash pro to work.
So was hoping to see if the UK or ??, if someone has the JDM ?? what the wiring was like, so I could possibly match the wiring etc....
Could you post or send me a picture showing the wiring colours/location that come out the back of you ECU E Connector and I will check to see if they are the same ?

Cheers Dean
You just need to make sure your wires are in the same place in the ecu plugs as the tsx as you'll need the tsx ecu. Im sure there's a diagram on here somewhere.
05 UKDM CL9 Accord.
Zoro2006

Post by Zoro2006 »

dean nz wrote:Hi KANO,

Cheers Dean
I bet that pin values in the E connector will be the same
11 - CAN High
24 - CAN Low
Known as Vaikis_
majork

Post by majork »

can't find the same connector than u k_a_n_o near steering columun with empty room in my cl9 type s (lhd)... :s
Mounty

Post by Mounty »

I have taken the time, again, to source infos for all of us, like the Pix of the ECU connector, which others now seem to think they themselves have found, WRONG! Man I hate that crap!! WTF am I doing this for? Fame, Stardom? Hell no! Just don't stick feathers in your hat, that I have "lost/dropped"...
Ok, enough complaining, off to bigger and better things...
So, here are 2 pix of the CAN wires, from the ECU. Red wire (E24 > 14) i drew in RED, White wire (E11 > 19), i made Yellow. Hope this helps you out. it is from the '04 TSX manual I have, do not think that the connectors, and/or cable colours have changed... Mine were still red and white in an 07 Euro Accord. (EUDM/AUDM Model)
Mounty

Pix #1: ECU R/H side of pic, follow the cables : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/40/pg28d.jpg/
Pix #2: Follow cables to behind Glove box : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/715/pg27n.jpg/

Sorry for the bad line drawing, but you should get the just of things...
majork

Post by majork »

thx mate :D
majork

Post by majork »

i go to my dealer today and he can't pair my rbb-A21 with my car immobilizer !!! my ecm is an rbb-e05... don't know why !!! i already mouth the hondata harness don't know where does the problem come from ...
Any ideas mates ?! (may be my dealer sucks ....)
Zoro2006

Post by Zoro2006 »

majork wrote:i go to my dealer today and he can't pair my rbb-A21 with my car immobilizer !!! my ecm is an rbb-e05... don't know why !!! i already mouth the hondata harness don't know where does the problem come from ...
Any ideas mates ?! (may be my dealer sucks ....)
DLC PIN 14 relocated as per instructions ?
Known as Vaikis_